Chair Hogs on Today Show

zbar

Too Funny, "its a phenomonon sweeeping vacation destinations everywhere"

This will be on the Today show today in just a few minutes All you west coaster it will be on during the second half hour (or so they say)

I have got to see this one. LOL:cool:

Too Funny, "its a phenomonon sweeeping vacation destinations everywhere"

This will be on the Today show today in just a few minutes All you west coaster it will be on during the second half hour (or so they say)

I have got to see this one. LOL:cool:

I'll check it out for sure. Here in OH it's poring down rain and this show needs to be watched:D

You have a nice horse and looks alot like one of mine. We are going on the Victory a week after you.

Cassandra

I'll check it out for sure. Here in OH it's poring down rain and this show needs to be watched:D

You have a nice horse and looks alot like one of mine. We are going on the Victory a week after you.

Cassandra

Thanks! She is a 3yo Hanovarian/TB I bred her myself and she is the apple of my eye!! (well after my daughter).

Just an update that the show will be on in the 8:00 half hour.

Host Merideth V. just gave a plug to this site;) ; said it's "burning up the chat lines...cruise critic".

Actually had a life coach advise how to remove someone's stuff from a chair (wait 1/2 hour to 1 hours & place the goods underneath it). Advised to avoid confrontation @ all costs.

Must admit, I've always slunk away to a less "prime" seat - think I'll turn over a new leaf & squat unprotected territory this year in my travels.:p

Just got onto the thread, can you guys tell me if that segment has been on yet?? 8:15 am here, Eastern time. Thanks !!

Looks asif you just missed it. You may be able to get the clip from the website which they just changed. I'll try to get it.

It was a good piece. It didn't talk about cruise lines much at all, other than the mention of Cruise Critic. It mainly focused on this happening at hotels. However, the issue is still the same.

It sounds like some hotels are actually having staff remove items on chairs that have been left unattended for a while. I wish Carnival would do this.

Carnival security had to get invovled in a deck chair dispute on our Valor cruise last year (we weren't involved in the dispute - just bystanders that found it very sad and amusing at the same time).

It just worked for me. Maybe to many people were trying to view it at the same time. It really talked about hotel pools and not cruise ships though. Now I must admit at a hotel I have done that but not on a cruise...not yet anyway:D

On all my past cuises I ve never gotten a chair near the pool area because they have always been full (some of people others of things) and I think on my upcoming cruise I am going to have to jon them cause I can't beat'em. I will get up early and mark my chair..........and with my luck when I go back my towel and beach bag will be gone:eek: .

i like the way they did the piece (w/ some humor). nice to see meredith is tracking CC. maybe she'll read the flip side of the jumper's repurcussions posted on here by the guests who were on board w/ him, and tell the story of how frantic the entire ship became searching for their loved ones not knowing if it was they who had gone overboard...

On all my past cuises I ve never gotten a chair near the pool area because they have always been full (some of people others of things) and I think on my upcoming cruise I am going to have to jon them cause I can't beat'em. I will get up early and mark my chair..........and with my luck when I go back my towel and beach bag will be gone:eek: .

Rather than joining them, perhaps complain to a Carnival security team member if you see chair hogs in action. I'm not sure if it will help, but it's worth a try before you restort to stooping to their level. :)

Worked great for me...thanks for sharing this .....just proves once again that there is valuable info and fun stuff on CC every day...thats why I can't resist logging in daily....(soon there will be CC AA meetings for us!!!)

Thanks for posting, I missed the original airing on television. A pretty good piece - the correspondent with the 'towel cam' and the 'orca cam' was hilarious, especially when the lady blew the towel cam cover (no pun intended). The one couple they interviewed that admitted to going to workout, have breakfast and then return a couple of hours later - unbelieveable. :mad:

I saw the story this morning on the "Today" show and loved Matt Lauer's suggestion. He said that if you happen upon a chair that has been "reserved" with a book on it, tear out the last 2-3 chapters, then place it back on the chair! Love that suggestion!

I really believe ALL cruise lines should enforce the "vacant for 30-minute" rule at all times. If a chair is vacant for 30-minutes, then a Carnival employee should removed the items so that others can use the chair.

:cool: Bill

I saw the story this morning on the "Today" show and loved Matt Lauer's suggestion. He said that if you happen upon a chair that has been "reserved" with a book on it, tear out the last 2-3 chapters, then place it back on the chair! Love that suggestion!

I had to leave for work before the segment aired, but I did catch Matt's suggestion on the "teaser" at 8:00. What a great idea!:D

Archived