soft drink cards

I don't remember the child's price for the soda card, I think it was $4 or $5/day (it was $6/day for adults). They'll get an insulated cup to put their soda in (you might want to figure out a way to mark who's is who's). These can be filled at any bar that has soda on tap. I mostly used the bar by the pool. For dinner all they need to do is show their soda sticker in the dining room and the soda will be brought in a glass, no need to take the cup to dinner.

Hope this helps!

Karen

There is NO NEED to have the cup at any time. Best thing is for the kids to leave the cup in the cabin. Most lose them. Merely show your sticker at any bar and they will give you a soda, most of the time in a plastic glass. Remember, fountain drinks only---no cans.

also make sure to buy the card when out at sea....if you buy it when you first get on and are still in port they charge you tax as well as a gratuity. If you wait an hour your in international waters and there is no tax. It adds up when purchasing a few cards.

You'll see a table set up right when you board. You can't miss it. While others have suggested waiting to buy the card, I buy it right away so that I can begin getting the sodas. The $2 I save in taxes is a wash if I end up buying one for $2 just waiting to save on the tax.

Just returned from the Monarch this morning...kid's drink cards were $16 for the 4 day cruise with 15% gratuity. No tax when we purchased upon embarking. My daughter got drinks at all the bars, restaurants and shows as well as the teen area. The bartenders graciously made her "cherry cokes." Also, your kids can ask for pastries at the Latte-tudes/Ben and Jerry's and they are given free of charge. The brownies there are delicious! There are also some delicious looking cookies but we always chose the brownies!!

From the RCCL website:

Kids' Fountain Soda / Juice Package

This package entitles our younger cruisers (guests 17 years of age and younger) to unlimited consumption of fountain sodas (no cans) and juices at all bars and lounges, Windjammer, Main Dining Room and Private Destinations (CocoCay and Labadee®). This package is available for purchase on the day of to your SeaPass account.

After this package has been purchased, a sticker will be placed on embarkation at all bars and lounges and Adventure Ocean and may be charged your boarding card allowing you to consume fountain sodas (no cans) and juices throughout your cruise. A complimentary Coca Cola souvenir cup is included as part of the package.

Juices that are included in this package are orange juice, grapefruit juice, pineapple juice and cranberry juice. Please note that juices are always complimentary at Breakfast.

The cost of the package is $4.00 per person, per day, and is applicable to the total days of the cruise vacation. A 15% gratuity charge will be added.

Please note: The fountain soda / juice package is only available for the total amount of days of the cruise and prices are subject to change without notice.

Archived