Sometimes, a JS doesn't earn 2 credits

This was from Annefran' date=' in an earlier post:

Ok right now I'm booked in a balcony room on Explorer of the Seas, March 2008. I received my $200 discount because I'm a platinum member.

So, if she is Platinum and we are Platinum, can you explain the difference of why we got $100 discount, and she got $200? What am I missing? We are going to be in a GS.[/quote']

Length of cruise. 9+ nights gets higher discount

But when she moves out she will revert back to however many credits she earned on those 4 cruises. (Although I have read of cases where children moving out retained the status/credits they had when living with their parents but when that happens it is a mistake on RCCL's part.) She doesn't really have that many credits. It just shows that way on the website to keep her at your level.

Same goes for your DH since he hasn't cruised as often as you.

Jeez-------lets hope the husband doesnt move out!!:eek:

BTW---the children may move out,but as long as they retain the old addrress, the higher status stays..(as Im sure lots of people do)

Aprille,

I know you get it but...

I think we are beating our heads on a wall here. People just don't seem to get it. Apparently some don't want to understand that everyone may have the same cruise credits in the family but if the one with the lower actual cruises goes on a cruise alone, it will only add to that persons actual earned cruises or cruise credits. It WILL NOT add to the total cruise credits of the person in the household who has earned the most cruise credits. I'm not sure why that is so hard for some to understand. I'm not trying to be mean to anyone.

They just don't seem to understand that it doesn't matter that everyone has the same status...that the cruise credits appear the same...in reality, behind the scene RCI does know who went on what cruise and the credits are added to that persons record based on the category of cabin they are booked in.

Which brings us back to the reason that the most active cruiser MUST always be the one booked in the cabin that earns the most cruise credits - no matter what the total of cruise credits may be as listed in their account.

I'm almost sorry I started all this confusion and thanks so much for the patient explanations. I have now learned (and hope others have as well) the importance of consistently booking the same person in the JS whenever 2 cabins are booked.

Isn't is ironic (or is it just typical?) that I'd need to come here for an understandable, and therefore satisfactory explanation. Had the C&A representative taken the time to go through all this with me, instead of making me feel like I was trying to cheat them, I'd have no need to start this thread and create all this confusion.

Again, thanks. I can't tell you how great it is to have such a nice band of experts to turn to.

You are welcome Bartelbee. I know you understand it now, too.

I guess C&A reps are like lawyers and those in the medical profession. Just because they get it, they don't understand why the rest of us need them to speak in plain English and make it clear.

Speaking to my lawyer he started using words like exparte an in limine. Huh? Does he really think I have a clue what he's talking about?

Having been in the medical profession I'm not phased when my father's doctors start talking about dosages while using abbreviations like QD, PRN or OS.

That's why people need to just speak in everyday words when explaining something to someone that's not in the same line of work. Of course with RCI, you might get a different plain English answer every time you call as we all well know. ;)

Archived