Carnival Triumph or Caribbean Princess?

Mona Lisa

We are planning a family cruise for ages 1-63. I want the cruise to appeal to my kids and my parents. We will be sailing the Eastern Caribbean next Christmas (2005). Carnival offers better group rates and perks but I think Princess is the better cruise. Please offer your advice and experience! Thanks!--Lisa

To get group rates you will have to book 8 cabins with at least 2 cruisers in each cabin.

I would be booking my cruise based on rates. I have not taken a bad cruise yet. A holiday sailing like Christmas will be lots of $$ anyway you look at it.

We are planning a family cruise for ages 1-63. I want the cruise to appeal to my kids and my parents. We will be sailing the Eastern Caribbean next Christmas (2005). Carnival offers better group rates and perks but I think Princess is the better cruise. Please offer your advice and experience! Thanks!--Lisa

Any particular reason why Princess and Carnival are the only choices? Is this your first cruise? For my money, the cruise line with the broadest appeal is really Royal Caribbean, but I could provide much more meaningful info if I knew a bit more about what exactly you want...

and the Big Red Boat, I'd sail the Big Red Boat. You couldn't pay me enough to sail Carnival, especially over a holiday with the kids out. Princess is a great cruise line and actually limits the number of children on each sailing by the different age groups. Nothing against kids - took both of mine on our first eleven cruises. Some of these Carnival sailings have one-third children which is impossible to manage.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

Archived