JFK Airport to NYC - Info Please

dlhamlten

Can anyone give me a general idea of the cost and time required to get from JFK to Ground Zero in the City ? Is a cab the best alternative ?

This would be at mid-day on a Saturday and a round-trip.

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone give me a general idea of the cost and time required to get from JFK to Ground Zero in the City ? Is a cab the best alternative ?

This would be at mid-day on a Saturday and a round-trip.

Thanks in advance.

It $45.00 each way plus taxes and tip by cab. You can get there for about $10.00 each way per person by Subway(airtrain to Jamaica E train to WTC stop). On Saturday the cab will take about 45 minutes each way. The Train about 75 minutes.....

Call a car service like Carmal and see how much they will charge for the same thing....

It $45.00 each way plus taxes and tip by cab. You can get there for about $10.00 each way per person by Subway(airtrain to Jamaica E train to WTC stop). On Saturday the cab will take about 45 minutes each way. The Train about 75 minutes.....

Call a car service like Carmal and see how much they will charge for the same thing....

Actually he/she could take the air train to the Howard Beach station and then catch the A into Manhattan and get off at Chambers St. Much less time then going to Jamaica to get the E and then going downtown.

Actually he/she could take the air train to the Howard Beach station and then catch the A into Manhattan and get off at Chambers St. Much less time then going to Jamaica to get the E and then going downtown.

Sounds good to me I find the other way faster and the Howard Beach area depressing but you may be rright it may be faster by a few minutes. When you have done it this way how long did it take you from the terminal to manhattan?

http://www.mta.info/mta/airtrain.htm

Sounds good to me I find the other way faster and the Howard Beach area depressing but you may be rright it may be faster by a few minutes. When you have done it this way how long did it take you from the terminal to manhattan?

You find Howard Beach depressing? That totally surprises me because the area is gorgeous. There are million dollar homes there.

I never took the train from Howard Beach to the cruise terminal.....I have taken it to Chambers St though and it took about 40 minutes, maybe even a few minutes less. I believe the OP wanted to know how to get to Chambers St. from JFK.

It takes me about an hour to get to Grand Central. Would be less to Chambers.

It is $12 round trip for the Airtrain and subway. Buying a single use $2, and a $10 card ($12 value).

Archived