Westerndam 02/25-03/04

saltydog28

I usually don't type reviews, because everything is a matter of your own personal preference. But for those of you who have been on Hal in the past you know what the line is like.

Arriving at the airport. I am a seasoned traveller, I knew to put my tolietries into my checked luggage. There was a woman screaming this is a trip from hell because she had to toss her stuff at the X-Ray.

We flew into West Palm because it was a great rate. We rented a car and were in Ft. Lauderdale in about 40 minutes or so.

We checked in at Rennisance Hotel on 17th street. We left the big suitcases in the trunk and only brought in our carry ons. Very nice hotel. I don't think it was worth $379 rate (thank goodness for Hotwire) there was a sign that they charged $15 a night for parking. At check out they did not charge us for this.

That night we had dinner at Bravos which is in the same parking lot. they have very good food and the garlic rolls are outstanding, so full of garlic. So much so that when we were leaving the resturant, I sad to my husband I am going to have to brush my teeth a half a dozen times to get rid of the garlic smell. But he said we can't because the tolietries are in the luggage. We had to walk to Winn-Dixie for stuff.

Next day we had breakfast at Lesters, on the recommendation of the waiter from Bravo's. Good choice.

Then we are on to the ship. We got to the ship around 1pm. No lines. No problems. Just got on the ship.

I have been on HAL a few times. This is the first time anybody ever remembered my name. I am usually called Mrs. John. Imagine my surprise when the room steward said good morning Pat. I turned around to see if there was someone behind me.

At dinner. I drink coffee with my dinner imagine my surprise when there was a cup of coffee waiting for me every night.

Shore excursions. We don't do shore excurisions from the ship.

Half moon cay. Fabulous as always I really like the new tenders.

Aruba. We rented a harley from big twin. Worth every penny.

Curacao. We went on a tour with Actief after some initial confusion on the dock waiting for our ride Anika called us to make it right, Anike was very accomodating.

The shows. Julie Barr and Joel Mason they were the best shows I have ever seen on a cruise ship.

The only cons' I can think of were with the soda and coffee cards.

Coffee cards - I drink Mocha's the windstar cafe ran out of chocolate syrup on the 3rd day and on the 6th they still didn't have any.

Soda card -- the servers were a bit rude about the use of the card. One server wouldn't give me a 12oz can saying I was only entitled to a 12oz cup on half moon cay. (is there a difference between a 12oz cup and a 12oz can?) I wanted to put the can in my pocket, I had surgery and some times I drop things.

The biggest Con it was only a 7day cruise.

Cruise is over and we are on the way home. We went back the same way we came no problems. Everything went so smooth, I was sorry to see it end. I want to go back.

Pat.

Archived