temp tattoos

OceanAddict

I got an airbrush tattoo on the last day of my Valor cruise in January. I paid 17.05 (with gratuity) for the tattoo. I got a small tattoo with three colors which added to the cost some. It looked like a real tattoo because of the three colors. You could not tell a difference from afar, now if you got close you could tell. It looked good for about 3 days and then started to "flake" off, so I used baby oil and removed it.

Airbrush tats are normally good for 2-5 days. Henna tats are normally good for 1-3 weeks. Can't help with price, sorry.

One idea though, you can use majic markers to draw a design and it is easy to touch up for as long as you desire, it also has the side benefit that it will tan through at differing rates depending on the color marker.

I got a henna tattoo of a butterfly in Cozumel for $10. The price depended on which tattoo I chose. The more detailed, the more it costs. The butterfly was pretty, but simple. It lasted a little over a week, although they said it would last for two weeks. It was fun, though. :)

I got a butterfly - a large on on my left hip/stomach - fiance called it a tramp stamp - whatever HE LOVED it.

So it was one color - 11 dollars, and it lasted a full week. When it washed off I had a pretty buttefly on my belly - tan line.

My wife got an airbrush two color dolphin tatoo on her ankle on the Conquest on our last cruise. Something in the $10 - $12 range if I remember right. She got it on the second day out, and it started to flake the day after we got home. It was still recognizable after a week at home, then she removed it with baby oil.

• 1 month later...

we got a henna one done for our son (6 at the time) in Cozumel. He got a lizard and LOVED it! He thought he was so cool! It lasted 3-4 weeks, it only started to flake really into the 5th week...we really got our $10 out of it!

I've been trying to figure out how to put a picture in the message, but haven't figured it out yet...anybody wanna help me??? :rolleyes:

BE CAREFUL!!

I got a temp Henna tattoo while in Mexico three years ago for around $15. It was a butterfly on my lower back. I came back home and liked it so much that I went and had one tattoo'd there permenantly!! :eek:

What? Did you think I was going to tell you I got some horrible disease?!? :cool: ;)

Seriously though, if you were to ever consider getting a real tattoo, the henna tat's are a great "what if" !!! :D

Archived