Favorite show on the Conquest?

oceanfreaks

Shows on the Conquest... we liked the comedians... there were 2 doing a show together one night, but without my Capers, I cant' remember who they were... as for the rest of the shows... DH and I went to both the main shows, and joked the whole cruise that so much jiggling unclothed cellulite should be illegal... guess it's just like anything else on a cruise, some people like it, others wont.... favorite for me was watching the talent show... DH sang, and so did one of the anchor ladies from CNN Headline News... (Paula). That was absolutely the best show.

Didn't participate in many of the other organized activities, other than afternoon tea (GREAT on the Conquest!!!)... was too busy waiting for the waiters to bring the next round ;)

Just got back from the 7/25 cruise on the conquest. I thought the shows were fabulous. The cruise director (Steve Cassels) is very funny (kind of corny) but he hillarious. Here is my rundown of the shows I went to:

Sunday 10:30 Welcome show hosted by Steve C. Has audience participation and is very good. Includes a comedian ventriliquist. He is also very good. Make sure you stay for his final act as he has a newly married female come on stage and I had tears coming out of my eyes. It was very funny. This is a can't miss show.

The ventiliquist has an adult only show on Monday at 11:45. This is very funny and I highly recommend it.

I enjoyed the vegas style show "Point and Click". The singers are fabulous and the dancing and costumes are good also. I have kids 8 and 11 and they enjoyed this also. Have read previously on the forums that this show is unsuitable for kids but I thought it was fine.

The comedian (adult show) on Tuesday at 11:45, I believe his name was Ron Joseph is a can't miss. I laughed the entire 45 minutes. For adults, this is the show that is an absolute "do not miss".

The comedian on Wed (Seth B.) at 11:45 was OK but it was hard to live up to the first 2 nights.

The magic show was disappointing for me. It was a vegas style show with no improvisation at all.

The talent show on Friday night is also a can't miss. The audience participation gag at the end of it had our whole group in tears including my kids. This is a don't miss in my opinion.

The only negative is the Bingo. Carnival advertises win $1,500 playing Bingo however they forget to tell you the cards are $10 each or 3 for $20. They stick this in between shows for 45 minutes.

Overall I rate the shows on the Conquest as an "A".

We went to Formidable, but we didn't like it. We're just not the production show types, I guess.

We loved the comedians. The only one I remember goes by the stage name of "Phat Kat." My wife went to high school with him, so we got to hang out with him a little after the show.

Archived