Does NCL/NCLA normally charge for simple Hors D'oeurves at M&G's?

Preds

I got an email back from the ship coordinator for the POH that there was a price list for Hors D'oeurves (though she failed to send it to me) for our upcoming Cruise Critic Meet & Greet on 4/9/07. Is it normal for NCL/NCLA to charge for simple Hors D'oeurves at a CC M&G? Has anyone else experience this?

I got an email back from the ship coordinator for the POH that there was a price list for Hors D'oeurves (though she failed to send it to me) for our upcoming Cruise Critic Meet & Greet on 4/9/07. Is it normal for NCL/NCLA to charge for simple Hors D'oeurves at a CC M&G? Has anyone else experience this?
If you requested food and drinks then they probably charge for it. Cruise Critic has no arrangement with NCL for hosting CC get togethers so anything NCL does for you is something you've had to ask for. On some ships the ship coordinator has set up food and coffee, etc. at no charge but there's really no set in stone way for things to be done. If I were you, I'd only request space for a get together and then ask the coordinator if she's/he's familiar with CC and the members and maybe that will ring a bell. But NCL has no obligation to do anything for CC members although as stated some ship coordinators have gone out of their way.

If you requested food and drinks then they probably charge for it. Cruise Critic has no arrangement with NCL for hosting CC get togethers so anything NCL does for you is something you've had to ask for. On some ships the ship coordinator has set up food and coffee, etc. at no charge but there's really no set in stone way for things to be done. If I were you, I'd only request space for a get together and then ask the coordinator if she's/he's familiar with CC and the members and maybe that will ring a bell. But NCL has no obligation to do anything for CC members although as stated some ship coordinators have gone out of their way.

Thanks Cecilia. I've alrerady told her it's a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, but she didn't seem to care or acknowledge it LOL!

I will ask for space only in my next email communication, we weren't looking for anything beyond simple coffee/cookies or whatnot anyhow!

I've been to a couple of meet and greets on NCL ships, and typically they have served coffee, tea, juice, and pastries free of charge. I currently have arrangements for a group of forty CC members on the Pearl next week, and the shoreside coordinator hasn't mentioned anything about charges. We're meeting in Le Bistro on the first sea day from 10:30 till 11:30. I hope there won't be any charges.;)

Thanks Cecilia. I've alrerady told her it's a Cruise Critic Meet & Greet, but she didn't seem to care or acknowledge it LOL!
That blows! :mad: Other ship coordinators have gone out of their way to make it a great get together and even had officers show up. Maybe when you e mail her again you can tell her that in case she's interested CC is a large community of a few hundred thousand members and is widely referred to as the leading cruise forum for discussions about cruising. :)
I will ask for space only in my next email communication, we weren't looking for anything beyond simple coffee/cookies or whatnot anyhow!
I hope they can at least provide the basic stuff that any guest could get. Have you thought about finding out who the cruise director is and maybe dropping him/her a note to say you'll be sailing and looking forward to meeting him/her. Then maybe he/she will help with setting something up.

That blows! :mad: Other ship coordinators have gone out of their way to make it a great get together and even had officers show up. Maybe when you e mail her again you can tell her that in case she's interested CC is a large community of a few hundred thousand members and is widely referred to as the leading cruise forum for discussions about cruising. :) I hope they can at least provide the basic stuff that any guest could get. Have you thought about finding out who the cruise director is and maybe dropping him/her a note to say you'll be sailing and looking forward to meeting him/her. Then maybe he/she will help with setting something up.

Faviola is the ship coordinator for the POH. Shes been extremely difficult to get a hold of, but finally returned our emails yesterday, and was even there to take a call when one of our members called her (previously her voice mail was full every time we called).

Apparently she's working on another group of 100+ which isn't CC to my knowledge, and then she's focusing on us. She did mention that she would try to get an officer to join us, and we told her we only want simple cofee / basic stuff. At the moment, the location we wanted (Spinakers) is being used by the other group, and Faviola's trying to find a suitable location for us. If we don't hear back from her, we may go with an informal M&G on our own at the pool bar or something.

Our group is 38 at the moment, still trying to get a handle on the numbers confirmed for the M&G, I'm guessing somehwere in the 25 range.

I'll update you when I learn more from Faviola.

Sandra on the Sun has been wonderful. I have arranged for a group of 150+ (responded that they would show, 200 on the roll call) She organized our meet and greet first in Le Bistro then changed us to the observation lounge. I provided her with cabin numbers and she is sending out reminder invitations. I imagine there will be some light snack and drinks but I'm not positive. Either way it should be a blast! 12 days to go :)

Kelli

I've planned 2 M&G and so far no charges. We were given soft drinks...tea, coffee, juice. Also, cookies and cakes. Nice. You can coordinate with them the number of people and they will suggest you meet after the safety drill on sailaway day. Great! Nice to meet early in the cruise and get acquainted with your new friends. And, meet the ship's officers. It's nice when they drop by and chat with everyone. I've always found NCL to be very happy to work with you on your M&G. You can also talk to the dining room director and get reservations if you'd like to meet for dinner. Just ask...can't hurt!

I've planned 2 M&G and so far no charges. We were given soft drinks...tea, coffee, juice. Also, cookies and cakes. Nice. You can coordinate with them the number of people and they will suggest you meet after the safety drill on sailaway day. Great! Nice to meet early in the cruise and get acquainted with your new friends. And, meet the ship's officers. It's nice when they drop by and chat with everyone. I've always found NCL to be very happy to work with you on your M&G. You can also talk to the dining room director and get reservations if you'd like to meet for dinner. Just ask...can't hurt!

WHat you described is all we were looking for, but Faviola's response initially was to tell me there was a fee for Hors D'oeurves. :shrug: We're still waiting to hear back from her since our last conversation.

Anyhow, we already have told her on more than one occasion that we wanted to do a M&G for a CC group, preferably right after the lifeboat drill. Guess we got that part right LOL.

I'm liking Cecelia's idea of contacting the Cruise Director. Does any know who it is for the POH, or how to contact her?

Dumb question: where did you find the name and number of this person. I'd like to set up something for our June 3 cruise on the P of Aloha, and I'd love to have that info.

Archived