Elation 3/22

nagster

Just got home and had a really relaxing time.

Embarkation was fantastic: Got there about 12:45 and there were no lines though I noticed it building up as we were at the desk. I am always impressed with the check in people wherever I happen to cruise from, a pleasant employee starts the vacation off right.

The Elation was clean though showing slight wear, maybe some gilding rubbed of, cigarette burns, carpet matted down. To my pleasure no unpleasant smells anywhere, I get motion sick and smells really get me going on the way to nauseaville.

Service: What I expected, no outstanding service from anyone. Didn't get morning service one day, not sure why but wasn't a big deal too me. Got towel animals (my fave) twice. Where I was seated in the DR was awkward, people (waiters and diners) kept trying to push their way behind my chair with little room, and I am not a skinny person. Food was not to my liking, I usually tried a few bites then moved on to the next course, and I never got charged for my expressos and cappacinos. I have been on the Glory (too big for me) Fantasy (smelly) and the inspiration and like the inspiration and Elation the best. I never felt crowded on the Elation not sure if the cruise was full or not, but I encountered very few lines.

Would go on the Elation again.

Oh and debarkation was fantastic, the best I have experienced.

I have to agree about the "morning service"....our morning service in December was more like "afternoon service".

But I still LOVED the whole experience. It was a great cruise. And I guess food IS subjective cause for me it was the best EVER on any other cruiseline.

Just got home and had a really relaxing time.

I never got charged for my expressos and cappacinos.

THANKS so much for the review!! I'll be onboard the Elation 4/5 and love to hear all the information. I especially like hearing that the coffees were included......I'm assuming in the dining room at dinner (or breakfast/lunch, too??)

Like to hear that the embarkation/disembarkation were fluid, as well.

To clarify the expressos and cappucinos were at dinner service, only did lunch and breakfast once and never thought to have them.

Elation was great, I think the Captain really wanted to get to port canaveral though cos when we left Nassau he was booking along it seemed like. It was a laid back cruise, never seemed rushed and never encountered crowding (actually wondered several times if the cruise was even full) No obnoxious drunks or unruly kids, and a clean, clean ship.

OH and NO SMELLS!!!!!!!

To clarify the expressos and cappucinos were at dinner service, only did lunch and breakfast once and never thought to have them.

Elation was great, I think the Captain really wanted to get to port canaveral though cos when we left Nassau he was booking along it seemed like. It was a laid back cruise, never seemed rushed and never encountered crowding (actually wondered several times if the cruise was even full) No obnoxious drunks or unruly kids, and a clean, clean ship.

OH and NO SMELLS!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply. Gotta have my espresso/coffee fix each day and I would prefer it be strong in nature.

Glad to hear that she's smelling fine, too :eek:

Looks like my husband and I will see you there! It's our first cruise and our first vacation away from the kids in our 8 year marriage.......I can't wait for the sun and drinks and music and ocean....and EVERYTHING!!!!

Archived