Miracle Aft

lcdmartin

Hi,

We are leaving on our cruise 8/14 (I am so excited), my husband changed our cabin to be closer to some friends that recently booked. We are now in 4228. It is an aft cabin with a large balcony, but it is above the dining room. Is being above the dining room a bad thing?

I don't think the dining room will be a bother...you will most likely be there during dinner-time...

But an aft cabin!!! This is the ONLY cabin that DH and I book. We cruise two to three times a year, always in an aft. You are going to Love, Love, Love that cabin!!!

Thank you so much for your replies. This is the first time we are getting a balcony, we decided to treat ourselves for our 15th anniversary.

kajsb - those pictures are great, I can already picture myself lounging in one of the chairs with a cool drink and the smell of suntan lotion. :)

Wow- that cabin was available so close to sailing--Im impressed. Your husband did an excellant job with switiching cabins. The view itself will be more then worth it.

On the enwer ships I think the cabins are more soundproof then the older ones. I dont think you will have a problem. Looking forward to your review and pictures when you get back. Im sailing with a group that has the whole 4th deck aft reserved.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are back from the cruise and I must say this was the best cabin we have ever stayed in. We took full advantage of the balcony, and it was nice that this cabin had 2 rooms (a sitting area and a bedroom, the dressing room bath and closet were in the middle). This way if one of us were taking a nap the other could read or watch TV without disturbing the other.

Thanks for getting back to us. 4228 is a suite. I also see that it is a connecting cabin- any noise bother from that door being there? how about noise from the dining room? any pictures?

Hi,

Do not have any pictures yet (non-digital camera), but the pictures linked above from kajsb are exactly the same. We did not have any noise from the dining room, but every once in a while while I was on the balcony I could smell the food (although my husband said he couldn't). The noise from the other cabin was the same as other cabins we have stayed in (hear something every once in a while) we could hear when they opened their balcony door because it squeaked. We loved the full size bathroom.

Archived