Where to go?

snoopy_leogirl

Hey all,

I am in a cruise confusion. I have only been on two cruises. 1 was to Alaska, and 1 was to the Western Caribbean. I am not quite ready for Europe yet, neither anywhere too far like Australia etc. Don't want the Caribbean since I live there. Don't want Alaska since I have already been there. Don't want anything less than 7 nights cause its just not enough. So, what's left to cruise? Any help? Suggestions? :confused:

How about Round trip to Hawaii from Los Angeles (15 days) or a Panama Canal cruise. The canal cruises vary in length and can be round trip or one way. How about South American? It's close to the Caribbean, yet a different cruise.

We've not been on them, but plan to some day -- we've seen the info and ads and these might be interesting for you if small ship cruises appeal to you:

Mississippi Queen/Delta Queen -- stern-wheel riverboats with various itineraries on the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. The one that sounds most appealing to us is the one that runs from Memphis to New Orleans, or vice versa.

American Cruise Lines. Small ships that do itineraries like coastal and barrier islands in FL/GA, or ports and islands of New England. I think CC has a front-page feature on one of the ships today.

Thanks for those suggestions. I will look into some of those places. :D

I would highly recommend New England/Canada, but be sure to include Montreal or Quebec. HAL, Princess and Celebrity are the three lines I know for sure go down the St. Lawrence River to Montreal and Quebec. NCL, RCI, and Carnival do more of the US ports with a stop in Halifax. We did Celebrity in Sept/Oct for Fall Foliage and it was absolutely beautiful. Even the day in Halifax with rain/wind. The coast was so beautiful. Then the further North we went, the more the trees were in color. In Quebec, the hillsides looked like postcards.

Hawaii is also a nice destination, I haven't cruised there, only land vacations. But I don't think I'd want 3-4 days at sea getting there. I'm not much into the ship being the destination. I get bored quickly if there are no port stops.

Good luck on finding a cruise you like.

Hey all,

I am in a cruise confusion. I have only been on two cruises. 1 was to Alaska, and 1 was to the Western Caribbean. I am not quite ready for Europe yet, neither anywhere too far like Australia etc. Don't want the Caribbean since I live there. Don't want Alaska since I have already been there. Don't want anything less than 7 nights cause its just not enough. So, what's left to cruise? Any help? Suggestions? :confused:

How about Bermuda? It's not in the Caribbean.... :D

Archived