waitlists

carlywilson

Hi

This is my first cruise. I booked an inside room.....I called Princess and asked to be put on a list for an upgrade to a balcony room...I am 8th on the list, what are my chances of actually getting this upgrade? I guess it really doesn't matter, but after seeing pics of the balcony rooms vs. the inside rooms, I would definitely rather a balconyCarly

I'm assuming that you are number 8 on a waitlist and will pay for the upgrade, correct? Personally, I don't trust the waitlisting process anywhere. I would check on-line sites that give you the ability to move partway through the booking process to see what might be available regularly. If you see a balcony cabin available, call Princess (or your TA if you are using one) and see if you can book it.

Thanks so much! I will keep checking on their site. Yes, I am on the waitlist to pay the difference. I am completely new and have tons of questions about cruising. I am so glad I found this website, it is making the process seem easier.

Carly

It just depends on how popular the cruise date is. I waitlisted 10 months out for a balcony and never got it. I would check the Princess site directly. Just click on "compare cruises" and go through the process of seeing what is available. All the online sites pull from Princess anyway, so just go to the source. Once you click on and see that a balcony is available immediately call your TA! Good luck:p

Actually, not all online sites match Princess. Sometimes they buy rooms in bulk for group rates and then release them online. Princess won't show the rooms as available anymore, but you can buy them directly somewhere else. That happened to me with my upcoming Alaska cruise. Out of curiosity, I just checked your cruise, and it does show BA and BB available. Just check a few of the major online sites yourself. Good luck! :)

Archived