Liquids,Aerosols & Gels ex Australia from 31MAR07

kenexx

Just a heads up to those flying on international flts ex Oz from 31 Mar. Sadly our government has gone down the track of restricting the above items to containers no larger than 100ml.

They have to be in the clear plastic bag and available for inspection going thru security.

Information is located here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/beforeYouTravel/baggageCarryOnCountry#jump0

I was at a meeting at work today when this subject came up and apparently the Australian Government is providing an intital 5 million clear plastic bags at all international departure points in Oz. Glad to see my taxes hard at work on such vital stuff as this :rolleyes: Once they run out you have to provide your own.

Ya know what the catch is? There are no plastic bags supposedly for sale in supermarkets here that meet the measurement requirement of a total of 80cms !!

They are however supposed to be available before the 5 million freebies run out !!!!!

You can still purchase duty free items once you are airside and take them on board. However if you are on a flight that transits another port you may fall foul of the regulations there and have your stuff confiscated. So beware!

So the security "window dressing" rolls on and on.....

Maurice

Pretty much so.

More details here.

Thanks for the warning, kenexx!

Hi Globy!..:)

Totally off topic but how do yo get your clickable link to say "here" instead of the mile long link in my original post?

Maurice

Totally off topic but how do yo get your clickable link to say "here" instead of the mile long link in my original post?
:eek: I think that right now that's probably less important than apologising for somehow having missed seeing the link in your post that just pointed to the same thing that I'd found.

But anyway, this is how I do it:-

1. Type the word "here".
  2. Select it (ie highlight it using the cursor.
  3. Click the blue globe icon, which causes a small popup box to appear at the top of the page.
  4. Type in the URL of the destination and click OK (or just press enter on the keyboard).

That should then insert the appropriate code into your post. It's not the only way of doing it, but that's my usual method.

:eek: I think that right now that's probably less important than apologising for somehow having missed seeing the link in your post that just pointed to the same thing that I'd found.

But anyway, this is how I do it:-

1. Type the word "here".
  2. Select it (ie highlight it using the cursor.
  3. Click the blue globe icon, which causes a small popup box to appear at the top of the page.
  4. Type in the URL of the destination and click OK (or just press enter on the keyboard).

That should then insert the appropriate code into your post. It's not the only way of doing it, but that's my usual method.

LOL..Tht is so funny you missed the link in my original post :D

I has tried out a post in the test forum and it works a treat. Thanks again

Maurice

Just a heads up to those flying on international flts ex Oz from 31 Mar. Sadly our government has gone down the track of restricting the above items to containers no larger than 100ml.

They have to be in the clear plastic bag and available for inspection going thru security.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/beforeYouTravel/baggageCarryOnCountry#jump0

Maurice

Same rules will also apply to all flights leaving from New Zealand, from 31 Mar.

I was at a meeting at work today when this subject came up and apparently the Australian Government is providing an intital 5 million clear plastic bags at all international departure points in Oz. Glad to see my taxes hard at work on such vital stuff as this :rolleyes: Once they run out you have to provide your own.

Ya know what the catch is? There are no plastic bags supposedly for sale in supermarkets here that meet the measurement requirement of a total of 80cms !!

They are however supposed to be available before the 5 million freebies run out !!!!!

You can still purchase duty free items once you are airside and take them on board. However if you are on a flight that transits another port you may fall foul of the regulations there and have your stuff confiscated. So beware!

So the security "window dressing" rolls on and on.....

Maurice

Yes i know about the size of the bags. I thought i had done the right thing when i went to the US last october. My travel size toothpaste deodrant etc all in a plastic bag only to have them all taken off me because my bag was about an inch too big. No fun travelling ecomony with no toothpaste or deodrant and none available on board. I was travelling from Orlando to LA and then LA to sydney. Pity the poor person next to me!!!

Archived