Ginger??

Brookeh424

I am trying to find ginger for my cruise next week, but am having a hard time. I did find ginger root at GNC (1,100mg capules). Would this work??

What type do you use and where do you get it (I tried CVS/Target)?

The ginger pills you are looking for ARE ginger root. As another poster said, ginger IS a root. They are one and the same and work to improve your digestive system which is why it helps with nausea. If in doubt, ask your pharmacist.

Celeste

possibly a very stupid question :rolleyes: - will pickled ginger work same way? you know, the one that ususally is served with sushi?

It isn't the way the ginger is prepared that matters. All ginger in any form (pills, pickled, candied, even ginger ale) can help reduce nausea.

Celeste

Ginger Snaps work well too. I made a mistake and rode Mission Space at Epcot. I think giving birth was more fun. Fortunately, I found some ginger snaps in one of the shops. After that, I was as good as new. It sure made a believer out of me. I keep those capsules around all of the time now. I get motion sickness very easily.

We have candied ginger and ginger gum. Got the candied ginger at a GNC type store and (I think) the ginger gum at CVS in the pharmacy section.

It was the only non medical thing that worked for mythbusters when they tested seasick remedies. Neither wrist band worked.

But, they work great for some people.

They gave each guy a placebo. Worked for one and not the other. The mind can work as well as anything.

Ginger covered in dark chocolate is my personal favourite!! I picked up the Gravol Ginger last month when I was a chaperone on DD's band tour. We had over 100 kids with us and so many were motion sick, and the ginger did wonders for them. I will definitely pack it when I cruise!

Julia

I picked up the Gravol Ginger in Safeway. I am in Canada, but I would think you would have it in the States as well.

It is becoming more and more popular here. Also, it is filmcoated, so you just swallow it, there is no taste at all.

Julia

I believe Gravol is only available in Canada, not US. I could be wrong.

how does the ginger work? I mean, do you take it before you cruise or wait till you feel ill. I always get sick on the second day. I feel like I'm hungover.:(

My took ginger every day as a preventative and never felt sick.

I think that if you take the ginger after getting sea sick it will work but take time to take effect.

Archived