Kennedy Space Center question

Zandile

I see on the KSC website that there are two levels of tickets, the first is $38 per adult and includes everything including IMAX. We plan to arrive in town about 10:30 on Saturday and only have that day to do the space center. The $38 tickets include 2 days admission. If we can only spend from 10:30 till 6:30 (when the hall of fame closes) is it worth it to get the more expensive tickets or should we get the $17 tickets for just the astronaut hall of fame. We have a 5 year old boy traveling with us.

THANK YOU!

We went a couple of years ago and purchased a discounted two-day pass thru the Orlando Tourism website ... it now appears that the KSC one-day ticket is ONLY for the Astronaut Hall of Fame, which is not even on the KSC property but in the nearby town. While we enjoyed our second day at the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure it is worth the money for that ticket ONLY, particularly for a 5-year-old. The real fun at KSC was all the indoor and outdoor displays and the bus tour thru areas you ordinarily wouldn't access without that tour. Suggest you contact KSC and see if there is a one-day available for the KSC only, as you may want that and not the Hall of Fame. If you do decide on a two-day pass, you'll save only $1/ticket thru the Orlando website ... not nearly as big a discount as we experienced in 2004.

We went a couple of years ago and purchased a discounted two-day pass thru the Orlando Tourism website ... it now appears that the KSC one-day ticket is ONLY for the Astronaut Hall of Fame, which is not even on the KSC property but in the nearby town. While we enjoyed our second day at the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure it is worth the money for that ticket ONLY, particularly for a 5-year-old. The real fun at KSC was all the indoor and outdoor displays and the bus tour thru areas you ordinarily wouldn't access without that tour. Suggest you contact KSC and see if there is a one-day available for the KSC only, as you may want that and not the Hall of Fame. If you do decide on a two-day pass, you'll save only $1/ticket thru the Orlando website ... not nearly as big a discount as we experienced in 2004.

I concur that the 'good stuff' is what you see on the bus tours...which are an extra charge + tend to fill up early + imho the best is going to the Cape Canaveral Air Force side - which only happens ONCE a day ... but it is there that you see the historic stuff http://www.robsv.com/cape/index.html

I know many are disappointed when they buy the basic ticket and even the IMAX but learn they can't get close to the pads, assmbly building, crawlers etc w/out taking a bus tour...and by the time they figured that out the bus tours were full

There is a general admission that will only give you entrance to the area near the main entrance, including the IMAX theater. This area is a must see. However, there are 2 different bus tours (with walking included). One takes you to the new section of the Space center, which is active, including the shuttle lift pads, assembly areas, etc. The other will take you to the old section (Mercury) launch sites, which is now a historic site no longer in use.

You can not do both bus tours in one day, and they sell out fast.

I suggest you get there early, pay the general admission and then purchase a bus tour for later in the day. You can look around the main area, Imax, etc, go on the bus tour at the scheduled time, and return to the general area to finish off the day.

Side note; The space center is built on a Wildlife Preserve, and you will see more Gators, Bald Eagles, etc, than most any other place in Florida. The guides on the bus tours will point this out as well.

Zandile: suggest you contact KSC direct regarding tix and whether a one-day KSC is still offered. As I indicated above, seems the ticketing options and prices have changed since we went ... as evidenced by the ticketing area of their website. Didn't look to me like a one-day General Admission is offered.

Archived