Martini Help..............

JohnR49er

What a great bunch of people here. No wonder Celebrity is so great, it attracts wonderful people, especially martini drinkers.;) Wish you were all going on our cruise with us. We'd all close the martini bar every night. DH and I do it every time we cruise! (Not alcoholics, just fun loving)

11_1_116.gif To all my new friends!

Lee

Hi Fla's. I was stationed in West Pallm Beach back in the 50's. Loved the town.

Have you heard of a Marriden Orange Mart.? We get them at PF Changs, here in Las Vegas.

Doug

Hi Doug, I've only been in West Palm 15 years but DH has been here about 30. He remembers Marriden Orange Mart, but alas, no longer here. Haven't seen it around. Glad you like our town here. Changed a lot since you've seen it. Construction etc. has turned it into New York with Palm Trees. Traffic so bad, we really need our cruise (and Martini) fixes to keep our cool. Guess that would qualify for a pun here in South Florida in August. :D

Lee

Sheesh! Tuggers and Doug - we're not going until December!!!!! Guess that means we'll have to have an extra one tonight. Flavors? Perhaps one of each! Lee
Hmmmm. Let's see. I promised to raise my glass and have a drink for Lee. Well, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. Guess I'd better have one for Doug, and another one for Gail. Char, are you with me??!!!

360v.gif 360v.gif 360v.gif

This is going to be a fun cruise!

Garry

Hmmmm. Let's see. I promised to raise my glass and have a drink for Lee. Well, I wouldn't want to leave anyone out. Guess I'd better have one for Doug, and another one for Gail. Char, are you with me??!!!

360v.gif 360v.gif 360v.gif

This is going to be a fun cruise!

Garry

Garry, you betcha! 10_7_6.gif We have 14 nights to toast everyone, and then I have 10 more;)

Hi Char!!!!

What other flavors should I be looking forward to? Did I see "chocolate" somewhere?:D

Liz

Hi Liz :D

Yes, you did see chocolate! Here are some of the unusual Maritnis you will have the opportunity to taste on our 10 days together:

Citrus Martini

Melon Martini

The "Chocolate" Kiss

Watermelon Martini

Martini Limon

Fancy Saketini

Tiffany Martini

Van Gogh Flirtini

The "Magic" Martini

Le "French" Martini

Vanilla Martini

Vodkatini

Belvedere Startini

The Century Martini

Cosmopolitan

Apple Martini

Bloodytini

Peach Martini

Goose Kiss

Creme Brulee Martini

Martini Delight

Mad Melon Martini

Blueberry Martini

Of course, you have the traditional Martinis and Gin Martinis and these "Combo" Martinis:

Alize Gold Passion

Chocolate Vanilla Combo Martini

Apple-licious Combo Martini

Fruity Grand Combo Martini

They have 4 oz of liquor and cost $8.95 plus 15% gratuity. There is usually a Martini tasting scheduled sometime during the cruise and you can try a little of several different ones.

12_13_1.gifCheers!

Char....:)

Oh my! They all sound wonderful!!! Have you tried them all? Which should I be sure not to miss? Gotta do the Chocolate Kiss...then where do I go from there?

Liz

Hey Liz :D

No! I haven't tried them all~yet. 10_7_6.gif I never liked Martinis when I tried them in the past, but Celebrity puts a whole new twist on the drink.

In April, on the Zenith, they had some Martini samples at a cooking demo and I tasted a couple--that was the beginning of my downfall! The Apple is good and I really like the Century. I tried the "Chocolate Kiss" and didn't care for it!! It had Grand Marnier and chocolate chips as well as the Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate vodka, and it wasn't as smooth as the other ones. I think it was the Grand Marnier that I was tasting too much over the chocolate.

The Chocolate Vanilla Combo sounds pretty good-haven't tried it yet. It has Van Gogh chocolate and vanilla vodka, Van Gogh gin, Godiva Liqueur and chocolate chips.

Any of the fruity ones should be good, I would think. I have heard raves about the peach, so that's one I will be trying with my new friend Garry on the Transatlantic. I should have a pretty good grasp on some of the other flavors by the time the Caribbean cruise starts!! 360v.gif

Hey Liz

No! I haven't tried them all~yet. I never liked Martinis when I tried them in the past, but Celebrity puts a whole new twist on the drink.

The Chocolate Vanilla Combo sounds pretty good-haven't tried it yet. It has Van Gogh chocolate and vanilla vodka, Van Gogh gin, Godiva Liqueur and chocolate chips.

Any of the fruity ones should be good, I would think. I have heard raves about the peach, so that's one I will be trying with my new friend Garry on the Transatlantic. I should have a pretty good grasp on some of the other flavors by the time the Caribbean cruise starts!!

Godiva Liqueur and chocolate chips??? Now Bob might want to try that one! (I'm sure that one has no calories!). I keep hearing about the Limon from Tuggers. Char, we might have to try that one too! Oh, what fun!!!

13_1_104v.gif

Garry

What a day yesterday. :D took the wife shopping and Organ class, by this time it was Martinis were in line. I don't know if all that sweet martinis are good for me I have lost 20 in the past few months but need to loose more. I have till Nov. to loose more though.

Doug

Garry....so nice to meet up with you here! You responded to my post about what shoes to wear (thread was started by someone who wanted to know if they could wear tennies in the dinning room) and your reply was VERY helpful. I'm taking 8 pair of shoes so I am sure of having the right ones on when I'm trying all these wonderful martinis!:D

I'm counting on you and Char to try as many as possible and for Char to give me the results on our way to the Carribean. And I thought I was excited about the CRUISE...it PALES in comparison to the MARTINIS!;)

Liz

Just wish we were sailing on any one of the X ships today to really celebrate. But we'll settle for a couple (?) of martinis 311v.gif and have a nice dinner out. What better gift can we give ourselves than a Med cruise in June 05 in anticipation of our next anniversary! Love your wonderful input folks!

Lee

Hi Char...

Been ironing and thinking about your martini list. At least my mind is off zip-lock bags for a bit!:p I'm not much of a martini drinker, but, these just sound so good! Hope they do the sample thing on our cruise. The chocolate/vanilla combo is callilng my name! Thanks so much for all the info. Fun to catch up with you on a different thread! BTW...our roll call seems to be awfully quiet. Hope that changes!

Liz

I didn't care for the Chocolate Vanilla one - too much alcohol taste. The chocolate one I liked was the chocolate cream with the chocolate swirled in the glass and the mini chocolate chips in the bottom - no calories or carbs I'm sure!! Char, the Limon' is spectacular and they usually do that one on the tasting as it is so refreshing. The Century is good as is the French (most women like that one) and the Melon. I have worked my way pretty far down the list and the only ones I really did not like are the ones more like the 'traditional' martinis. I did not care as much for the Martini Bar on Century because it was not small and intimate like the ones on Zenith and Horizon. It was part of a larger bar and far from the dining room. On the other two ships, it was very near the dining room and was a perfect place to meet for a pre-dinner drink, watch the ocean and converse.

Hi Char...

Been ironing and thinking about your martini list. At least my mind is off zip-lock bags for a bit!:p I'm not much of a martini drinker, but, these just sound so good! Hope they do the sample thing on our cruise. The chocolate/vanilla combo is callilng my name! Thanks so much for all the info. Fun to catch up with you on a different thread! BTW...our roll call seems to be awfully quiet. Hope that changes!

Liz

Hey Liz~~~our thread should start jumping soon :D Guess who's doing the doc dance? Lisa!!! 5_1_120.gif 5_1_120.gif 5_1_122.gif

Archived