Darling Harbour cruise terminal

Kinkacruiser

Hello fellow cruisers,

A question for those familiar with the Darling Harbour area. Our cruise departs from wharf 8. I have a map of the area but it's hard to tell whether one could walk directly to the terminal via the wharves or is the only access via Sussex St?

There appears to be a lot of exciting attractions around the area, so I'm happy we have some time there before and after the cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Kinkacruiser

Hello fellow cruisers,

A question for those familiar with the Darling Harbour area. Our cruise departs from wharf 8. I have a map of the area but it's hard to tell whether one could walk directly to the terminal via the wharves or is the only access via Sussex St?

There appears to be a lot of exciting attractions around the area, so I'm happy we have some time there before and after the cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Kinkacruiser

Hi Kinka, I would love to keep in contact. We have had our cruise on Sapphire Princess.(lovely), now I have 2 on the Pacific Sun .one on May 10th and another June 17th.

my e-mail address is jazpurr1@bigpond.net.au.

we used to be able to walk along the area to the eateries etc,

whether you can now I don't know because of the work going on.

the last couple of cruises we have been on ,was hard for the buses and taxis. with the only one access point into the terminal.

let's hope that is finished .

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

I havn't been to the overseas passenger terminal there but its very very close to Darling Harbour

I am pretty sure its fenced off at the end of Darling Harbour so come out of the terminal and hang a right. walk a little way down and look out for Shelly Street (a little U shaped street) there are steps down to the beginning of Darling Harbour/Resteraunt stretch. A lil tip, King st Wharf and Cockle Bay resteraunts are more expensive dining area. the other side (Harbour Side I think its called) is cheaper dining. There is heaps to do within a short walk.

My favorites were the Chinese Gardens, Maritime Museum, the aquarium Pyrmont Bridge when the bridge swings out.

I think the monorail was about $3AU when I was there and well worth a ride.

Just 1 block over from the Chinese Gardens is China Town and another block over is George Street (the citys main street). both well worth a wander around. Paddys Market is not far away either.

Sorry im not a local but I hope that helps a bit

:)

We cruised out of this area on Pacific Princess a year ago. While it looks like it is close it is difficult to access from Darling Harbour. However you can walk to the Rocks which is an historic district. This area has the Harbour Bridge and access to the harbour.

The taxi's of Sydney are plentiful so getting around is great. You can do two things. Stay at Darling Harbour for a few days, there is a mono rail which links this area to central Sydney. or stay down in the Rocks, there are some very nice hotels in that area.

Hope this helps

Peta

Archived