NCL Photographers Question

taxmantoo

Sailing with NCL for the first time this summer in the Western Med. Have read many threads (good and bad) on ship photographers and their sales tactics.

Do the pictures they take stay on the "big" board for the entire cruise or are they replaced by new ones every day? If they replace them everyday, can you simply put all of yours away somewhere (in an envelope, let's say like Princess allows) and chose the ones you want at the end of the cruise or do you have to get them every day for fear of them not being available anymore?

p.s. can't wait to get our picture taken with a "real" cardboard mafia don when we get off the boat in Sicily...or a "real" gladiator in Rome...

We always turned the really bad ones in right away. Not only because we didn't want them, we didn't want anyone else seeing them! The ones we hadn't decided on, we kept up until we had decided, then turned the rest of them into the photo desk too.

We had a few good pictures, and alot of bad ones. Although I'm not sure it the bad ones were due to the photographer, or one of us making a dumb face, or not looking at the camera, or not sucking our gut in... But we did end up with a couple nice ones, and maybe would have bought more had they not been so terribly overpriced!

I just read your comments and love your fun attitude.. Especially where you didn't suck in your gut... You just crack me up ! I am like you, get those bad pix off the board so the whole world don't see them...

We always turned the really bad ones in right away. Not only because we didn't want them, we didn't want anyone else seeing them! The ones we hadn't decided on, we kept up until we had decided, then turned the rest of them into the photo desk too.

We had a few good pictures, and alot of bad ones. Although I'm not sure it the bad ones were due to the photographer, or one of us making a dumb face, or not looking at the camera, or not sucking our gut in... But we did end up with a couple nice ones, and maybe would have bought more had they not been so terribly overpriced!

On the Dawn they had signs that said that the photos would not be up for or available for the entire cruise. That was just a lie to sell more pictures. The Day 1 Embarkation photos were still up on the last day along with everything else from the week. I wonder how many people have been taken in by that decietful tactic and bought pictures early.

Archived