Java Cafe..

jeda

I know this topic is discussed a lot but I still do not have a clear idea of which ships still have free specialty coffees, or is it that none of them do?? I read on one post that they are free if there is a Java Cafe on board. Does anyone know for sure, whether I need a coffee card on the Zaandam, and if I do then where exactly on the HAL site I can purchase that before we go.

I thank you for you time :p

I don't think any have free specialty coffee, except cappuccino or espresso after dinner in the dining room. An "Explorations Cafe Coffee Card" for $29.90 will get you 10 specialty coffees:

Explorations Cafe Coffee Card

This coffee card is valid for 10 Explorations Café and Windstar Café beverages as advertised onboard.

Go to guests and select "Order Bon Voyage Gifts". You'll have to register a username if you haven't already.

No more Java Cafe on any of the ships. They all now have wonderful Exploration/Windstar Cafes with Coffee Bars that serve great coffees. There is a very moderate charge for a really excellent, large coffee.

It is sad that the Java Cafe's have been replaced on all the ships by the Explorations Cafe. Whenever you do buy a speciality coffee at the Cafe you also can enjoy a free pastry.

We noticed on our recent Maasdam cruises that quite a few people were using the coffee cards. They are getting popular.

Thanks for your info! I have been trying for 2 days to register at the HAL site so I can buy a coffee card but for some reason I am not able to... Did anyone else have a problem?? I will try again later today. I am picking up my documents today, very exciting!!

No more Java Cafe on any of the ships. They all now have wonderful Exploration/Windstar Cafes with Coffee Bars that serve great coffees. There is a very moderate charge for a really excellent, large coffee.

From what others have posted the Prinsendam is the exception, with no Explorations Cafe and she still has a Java Cafe with complementary specialty coffees.

From what others have posted the Prinsendam is the exception, with no Explorations Cafe and she still has a Java Cafe with complementary specialty coffees.

I do that all the time. I forget that Prinsendam is 'different than all the rest'. Not having been built as an HAL ship, she is unto herself in the Fleet.

I do that all the time. I forget that Prinsendam is 'different than all the rest'. Not having been built as an HAL ship, she is unto herself in the Fleet.

Which is one of the many reasons I am very much looking forward to sailing on her this May.

Which is one of the many reasons I am very much looking forward to sailing on her this May.

Absolutely.......Hope you have a Wonderful cruise. She has a very loyal following; many people who love that ship.

Does the coffee card package include the mug?
\

Yes, I believe it does.

We traveled with friends last summer on Maasdam. Our TA sent them a gift of the coffee card and the presentation of the gift card was packaged with a mug. It was nicely done.

There are 2 different coffee card choices.

The first choice is $29.90 for an Explorations Cafe Coffee Card for 10 coffee beverages (also Windstar Cafe).

The second choice is $43.70 for the Coffee Lovers, includes the coffee card for 10 coffee's featuring Starbucks' specialty brand-Torrefazione-and a beautiful keepsake HAL commuter mug.

I am quoting these from the HAL Gift Guide that my TA gave me yesterday. For some reason I can't get registered on line so will phone the 1-800 number today and order our coffee and wine cards.

Archived