Which would you do?

nycruiser1975

Stupid me is still torn. Don't know which to pick for DH, DS (6) and myself. The first week in August leaving NYC. Spirit King's Wharf, Tortola, St. Thomas (8 day), or Nassau, Great Stirrup Cay, King's Wharf on the Dawn (7 day). I even thought about the crown in Bermuda, but for my first cruise don't want my first cruise to be all in one spot. PLEASE HELP:confused:

Although probably more expensive, I would vote for the Spirit. :)

Another factor is cabins, is everything equal? It's always nice to get a nicer cabin, but the ports are more important by a long shot for most.

I remember the ONE time we went there and my son was just your son's age, it was on a Disney cruise that stopped there as soon as we got off the ship my son said "can we please go back on?" It is not the most welcoming area- I would vote for Tortola, just do remember that August is hurricane season and you could be diverted anyhow.

Going Once, Going Twice....... SOLD. You are right about being more expensive. And I was trying to save money, but when you want to have fun and go on a vacation that I so deserve. This has been a hard year for me, and I would like to smile for a little while:D

Not sure if you are in union or the milatary but NCL has special discounts for both. Also many TA's will give you an on board credit too which helps to offset some of the higher cost.

I think your son will enjoy tortola etc much more than nassau!

The 8-day would be more expensive because it's one day extra, but I would imagine if you compared the cost per day for each, it should be about the same.

I did the Bermuda/Bahamas on the Dawn last year because the week I had vacation, the Spirit was on it's 6-day run to Florida/Bahamas. If the 8-day itinerary was available that week, I'm sure I would have sailed the Spirit instead because of the ports.

Bermuda is on both itineraries, so that's even. GSC is a small private beach island, so nothing to do there if you don't enjoy the beach. And as many have mentioned, Nassau is nothing to brag about (the Atlantis Resort is probably the biggest draw there).

As for ships, it sounds like a toss up between the Dawn and the Spirit. But if you've been reading up on the NCL board, the Dawn is having engine problems, so the itineraries are being changed to adjust for the reduced speed.

At this point, the Spirit is the clear choice winner for you.

GSC is a small private beach island, so nothing to do there if you don't enjoy the beach.

I like the beach, but not a beach person. The sad part is DS has never been to the beach and is looking forward to it. I don't like to be on the beach all day, my tan is permanent...LOL:D

As for ships, it sounds like a toss up between the Dawn and the Spirit. But if you've been reading up on the NCL board, the Dawn is having engine problems, so the itineraries are being changed to adjust for the reduced speed.

I did not see that the Dawn is having problems. Thanks for the info. I just wish the Spirit had a frig in the room.[/COLOR]

Yes I do belong to a union, I told the TA, but they did not mention an on board credit. You read my mind about Coral World I saw that in one of the shore excursions. One stupid question, what exactly is Coki Beach:o ? Thank you all for your help!!

If you are a union member you are entitled to a small % discount. I would ask you TA about it again. Maybe she isn't aware of this. NMnita

Archived