Has any one seen this yet ??

Stevanb

Carnival Cruise Lines now prohibits passengers from bringing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages onboard, including bottles of water, Carnival said.

The cruise line updated its liquor and beverage policy this week and said that aside from an allowance which enables passengers to bring "one bottle of wine or champagne per person (21 years and older) on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise ... any additional quantity of wine/champagne or any alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

As to why the policy was changed, Carnival spokesman Vance Gulliksen said guests had been bringing on too many nonalcoholic beverages.

"There had been some abuse of the previous policy which is why the new policy is more restrictive," he said.

Carnival also said that, "alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship's gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage."

The OP has not posted that many times, so maybe he's not on the board that much and was asking a legitimate question. Given the responses thus far, he probably won't post too much more. There's nothing worse than coming to a message board and being treated with rudeness and sarcasm.

The OP has not posted that many times, so maybe he's not on the board that much and was asking a legitimate question. Given the responses thus far, he probably won't post too much more. There's nothing worse than coming to a message board and being treated with rudeness and sarcasm.

...why because the OP does not follow the guidelines:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm

"Please Browse BEFORE You Post Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. "

I'm not a habitual reader...only when planning and leading up to a cruise. There is a ton of info on here. And searching doesn't always work the best (although on drinks being taken on board, it should show LOTS of threads.) I might be run off if I was flamed for an innocent post.

Gee.... I wonder if it is the line's reaction to people abusing the "look the other way" policy of the past. If people were reasonable, then maybe the cruise line would not take drastic action.

This could also be a get tough stance so folks will back down to something more reasonable (a couple of bottles instead of cases for instance). ;)

Gee.... I wonder if it is the line's reaction to people abusing the "look the other way" policy of the past. If people were reasonable, then maybe the cruise line would not take drastic action.

Yeap and thats exactly why i can't bring my little 6pk of Pepsi anymore, because of the ice chest toting crowd.:mad:

Yeap and thats exactly why i can't bring my little 6pk of Pepsi anymore, because of the ice chest toting crowd.:mad:

Probably right... although my cousin got on the Ecstasy today in Galveston with beverage.

Probably right... although my cousin got on the Ecstasy today in Galveston with beverage.

Well, i'll probably show up at the pier with my Pepsi also and if they take it away.........I guess i'll drink punch (do not like coke products)

NO reason to whine about it, whats done is done, atleast i know i didn't cause it.

Archived