Pacific or Tahitian Princess?

captainron

Hi Everyone,

Here's a new thread for you and looking to get opinions. :D

DW, good friends and I are planning the 12 day HNL/PPT (or reverse route) on the Tahitian or the Pacific (2009). We have been told that the Tahitian is starting to show her wear a little after all the short cruises out of PPT. The Pacific on the other hand we have heard is in better shape.

If we do the Pacific, we could do the cruise to coincide with the repositioning leg between YVR and HNL (either direction). With the nine days from YVR/HNL and 12 betwen HNL/PPT that would make for a beautiful relaxing cruise at anytime of the year :rolleyes: with both ports and lots of sea days. :cool:

It's no problem doing the Tahitian for the HNL/PPT leg, just it won't hook up with the repo from HNL or YVR. So here's the question fellow Cruise Critics...

DEAL OR NO DEAL?

Which do you think is the better ship? Do I choose the Pacific over the Tahitian or vice versa? Look forward to your input in the decision making process. Thanks in advance, and...

Ciao for now!!!

We are planning to sail on the Pacific in Sept, 2008, never being on a ship that small, can someone help me with a few questions? Do they have a buffet, I think they have anytime dining, we will be doing the Med., is it a good ship for this itnerary, a theater, it's such a busy cruise, that all we are we really interested in is maybe a good movie and the buffet. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Debbie

Hi, Debut,

We've done both the Pacific and Tahitian Princesses and loved them both. They do have a buffet, but it doesn't not run at night. At night it becames a pizzeria. You can always order from room service and enjoy dinner on your balcony

They do NOT have anytime dining (only one dining room) and the two speciality restaurants trade nights off.

There in no movie theater, but they do run movies in your room, via the TV.

Being smaller ships, they can get into port that the mega ships have to tender at. We will be doing our first big Princess ship this summer and I would do anything for the crusie to be on one of these smaller vessels.

Charlie

Archived