New to RCI - any tips .....

and helpful suggestions would be really appreciated.

My DH and I, along with four friends, are on Legend on Sept 29 (Med) and at this point I have a couple of questions too:

Can I pre-order a wine package? I have looked at RCI's website and cannot find anything.

Can I get a "boarding pass" to make embarkation a bit quicker and, if so, where on RCI's website will I find it?

We are really looking forward to this and just love cruising, although we are not that experienced!

Sue's Mom-- Others may add suggestions soon that will be helpful. I do have a couple of ideas that are pretty basic to RCI. One is that you can fill out your forms online. We've done this each time and it seems to simplify everything. It's the same basic stuff they mail to you in your Cruise Docs, but having done this online I think I remember my wife going ahead and printing out our "Sea Pass." This is similar to a boarding pass on a plane. Puts the Registration process a couple of steps ahead. The other factor that can sometimes (depending on the port you are departing from) speed things up is if you're staying in a Suite on board. There is "priority boarding" for suites (although sometimes JS gets priority, sometimes not) at most ports. This second topic (priority boarding) is widely discussed on other threads here on CC. Third, we always get to the port early. Although they can always hold you until the posted boarding time, we find the gamble worth it. We usually get on pretty early and have lunch on board that day. Beats getting there later and really being stuck in a crowd.

Go to a travel agency, tell them you are interested in RCI and ask for a brochure. In it, you will find all the info you need about your upcoming cruise. (Plus the deck plans--invaluable!

Info about boarding, packages, dress and packing suggestions.... Go! Get one!

Decide before hand when you want to go to Portofinos and chops and the spa and babysitting if applicable and then book as soon as you get onboard before it all gets booked up.

Its always a nice treat to have your hair done for the formalnights too.;)

Can I pre-order a wine package? I have looked at RCI's website and cannot find anything.

!

Yes, you can pre-order a wine package right on the RCI website. :)

1. From the RCI homepage, Click "Deals & Gifts" and scroll to "Shop Gifts and Gear"

2. Next, Click "Gifts & Gear Aboard"

3. Then, you'll be on a page of several gift options. If you scroll to the bottom you'll see a "Wine Cellar" and "Wine & Dine".

With Wine & Dine, you pre-order now, and your wine is brought to you when you request it at dinner (by showing your SeaPass card).

With Wine Cellar, you pre-order now, and your wine is delivered directly to your cabin or to your table at dinner.

Have fun!

tj

Decide before hand when you want to go to Portofinos and chops and the spa and babysitting if applicable and then book as soon as you get onboard before it all gets booked up.

Its always a nice treat to have your hair done for the formalnights too.;)

Is there a Portofinos and/or Chops onboard the Legend? I didn't think there was but I would be delighted if so because my DH will be celebrating a special B'day and I would love to make a reservation for a special dinner.

Is there a Portofinos and/or Chops onboard the Legend? I didn't think there was but I would be delighted if so because my DH will be celebrating a special B'day and I would love to make a reservation for a special dinner.

I just checked the RCI Travel Agent Guide for 06-07. It has ship layouts. While some in the class do, Legend does not seem to have either a Portofino or Chops on board. Unless it's been refurbished since that was printed, I'm afraid there isn't.

I just checked the RCI Travel Agent Guide for 06-07. It has ship layouts. While some in the class do, Legend does not seem to have either a Portofino or Chops on board. Unless it's been refurbished since that was printed, I'm afraid there isn't.

Oh well, I guess the B'day decorations in the cabin will have to do. Thanks

Kathy

Archived