Taking food off the ship?

HappyCruiser383

They are actually pretty strick about this driving into Cali too (not that it is a bad thing). They didn't check our cooler, but I had remembered that they were really strict on our trip in, so I had gotten rid of everything that wasn't pre packaged ahead of time, just in case.

One of the things I found funny though, did you notice they don't check this until AFTER barstow? LOL...like they don't care what gets brought into cali and ends up in that town (on I-15)

Lol

CALI?? As a native californian all I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does this refer to the Jean Skirt that someone had asked earlie tr? / Sultan

<shrugs> I guess it would if one spent 88.5 minutes looking to see if someone had a jean skirt on?...

I guess I just am not on enough prescription meds to understand questions like this...

I am depending on people like Tannersgramp (who is my complete opposite in every view, but I would absolutely LOVE to meet), B40 (tries to keep me inline) and HappyScot (screw him, he's across the pond, he's useless to me, lol) to keep me aware of when it is my turn to respond to 8 day old, unrelated questions.

Dammit Jim, I'm just a Ph.d Student, not an engineer, what do you expect me to do???? << runs to watch old star trek episodes>>

<shrugs> I guess it would if one spent 88.5 minutes looking to see if someone had a jean skirt on?...

I guess I just am not on enough prescription meds to understand questions like this...

I am depending on people like Tannersgramp (who is my complete opposite in every view, but I would absolutely LOVE to meet), B40 (tries to keep me inline) and HappyScot (screw him, he's across the pond, he's useless to me, lol) to keep me aware of when it is my turn to respond to 8 day old, unrelated questions.

Dammit Jim, I'm just a Ph.d Student, not an engineer, what do you expect me to do???? << runs to watch old star trek episodes>>

I dont have 88.5 minutes, I need warp speed now!!

When we were in the Mexican Riviera (when am I NOT there??:)....my daughter took a bagel from breakfast to munch on. She just wrapped it in a napkin and stuck it in her tote. She's my daughter who is very disciplined and lost 5 lbs. on our 10 day cruise. I know where they went...on ME! :eek: Seriously, she usually eats small meals throughout the day, so that's why she felt it necessary to have something to snack on.

Forgive me if this is a repeat . . I couldn't find anything on it.

When we go into ports, is it ok to take things such as a couple of cookies or brownies with us? What about filling our bottles with iced tea?

Just an FYI - I'm hypoglycemic and must keep sugar with me at all times. I really do get dizzy if I don't keep up my sugar. He just likes to eat non-stop. I've got the medical reason . . he has the mental reason. :rolleyes:

No need to bash or start a fight here. Some people will actually get back on the ship for a free lunch (which is ok) so I figure that taking a couple of cookies to-go wouldn't be a terrible sin no matter what the reason. :confused:

I haven't seen any inspectors while getting off the ship . . even on the Baja trip. :confused: I could have smuggled a table off the ship and nobody would have noticed. Do they pick you out of a line-up? Do they assault you on the dock?

One of my favorite sayings

"No trespassing. Prosecutors will be violated!" :D

Archived