portfino and chops

Some people make it out to be harder than it really is to make a reservation. We were able to make reservations almost at the last minute - but I can see where that is a cruise-by-cruise basis. We went to both and I think we enjoyed Portofino's more, but both were great and worth the extra $$.

We've yet to see a full restaurant on any cruise! You need not RUSH to make your reservations!

Although Portofinos and Chops may not be full, they only accept a certain number of reservations each evening. I strongly suggest that you make your reservation on the first day. The reservation book fills up quickly.

We'll be sailing Liberty Of The Seas in June. I believe our itinerary is in reverse order of Freedom OTS. We port first in Labadee, then Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Any suggestions on which nights would be best to reserve at Portofino or Chops? We'd love to not miss out on the best general dining/themed nights. :rolleyes:

A good suggestion that I heard before my last cruise was to try to find Compasses of the itinerary you are traveling on - and look at what the dinner "theme" is each night. I made reservations to Portofino on Caribbean night as I am not a huge fan of the menu in the dinning room that night. That way I didnt miss the stuff in the dinning room I wanted to experience and still was able to try Portofino (which I might add, is SO worth the extra $20). If you have a specfic night that you want to go, I would make the reservation as soon as possible - might not be neccessary however I would rather go there first thing than be dissappointed. If you are open to anytime, then there probably isnt a huge rush to get there. Also, I think it depends on how fuller the ship - if the ship is packed, dinning times are likely to run out.

Either way, enjoy!! Its sooo worth it!

Archived