Some flights to Texas cancelled today

katgilm

We are all sailing out on 4/1. Part of our group tried to fly out today but flights were cancelled due to "thunderstorms" in Texas. Weather website shows T-storms tomorrow in Galveston! Now we are all stressing! Any Galveston folks out there who can help calm me down. We are flying into Hobby airport. Do the T-storms really cause flights to cancel?

Kathi

I live about 15 minutes away from Hobby Airport and I can tell you we had no rain at all today. It was a little windy but no bad weather to speak of. However, the forecast for tomorrow is 60% chance rain and thunderstorms. You had a better day to fly today than tomorrow....I can't imagine them not flying in today.......

I live in Fort Worth its about 5 hrs away from Galveston we have been getting slammed with more to come I hope you guys are able to make it!!! Good luck with your travels. Also try calling Hobby Airport and get aqn update from them directly as to the conditions and wether or not they are grounding or cxling flights!!! Good luck.

The Weatherman Troy said all this mess near Dallas should clear by Saturday and be 71.

Today (and last night!) have been terrible. Strong winds, and pouring rain. All this rain, and they say we're still in a drought.

Anyone planning on driving South through Dallas to get to Galveston may have some difficulty. I-35 in the Waco area is currently flooded and closed in both directions. I haven't heard anything about I-45, which is how we drive to Galveston. Boy am I glad that I'm not trying to get to Galveston right now. Yikes!

Weather affecting flights is hard to predict. The problem being is that it could be sunny in Dallas but somewhere else is getting slammed. The next thing you know the airlines can't get the planes out due to a variety of reasons such as crews run out of flight time and are no longer legal to fly. I would check with the airline directly to see if the flight is going.

Ilive in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and many flights were cancelled last night due tothe weather. Mostly it is the lightening that affects air travel. If you can't get in to Houston, you can always fly into DFW today and drive the 5 hours to Galveston...I know that doesn't sound very appealing but it is better than missing your cruise. The weather here this morning is sunny and clear!! Good luck!

We had strong thunderstorms last night in the DFW area but they are all east of us this morning and headed to Louisiana. Unless there are some delays left over from last night, flights should be back to normal today. Call your airline this morning to be sure. TG23

I'm the one who lives 15 min. away from Hobby and right this minute we are getting pounded. Streets are flooding; lightning and thunder-our satellite is down so I can't get weather update on local TV. Our swimming pool has overflowed into yard. Hope it clears up today so you guys can get out. I knew yesterday was definitely the day to fly in-no problems whatsoever.... Good luck.

Archived