Pressure booking future cruise onboard...

I usually narrow my choice down to a couple of cruises and cabin selections for each cruise before hand. On about the 2nd day of the cruise I will go by the LA (never busy then) and get final pricing and cabin seclections (a lot more choices). Make the final decision then or go back soon thereafter after deciding.:)

I have never felt pressure. I don't know how the LAs stay calm, sometimes.

She wasn't very busy on the Enchantment this past December, so I went by to get my (sorry, guys :p ) diamond pins. She had ONE passenger with her.

This passenger was asking the STUPIDEST questions. The most MINIMAL amount of research and preparation would have eliminated 95% of her stupid questions.

And this nice LA completely resisted the impulse to look at me and roll her eyes. Good self-control. I couldn't have done it.

If I were to check future cruise prices while onboard my next cruise...do they pressure you to book with them, or can you take it or leave it with no hassle. I know what it feels like when it's time to leave the Spa onboard. All of you who have done this can you give me your feedback??

Pressure? On the Explorer you are lucky if you can even get an appointment with the LA, they are so busy booking cruises! Make an appointment as soon as you board if you want to book while on the Explorer! :) I called the day we boarded ( Sunday ) Oct. 29 and got an appointment on Wed. and that was before they had the new booking program! I doubt you'd have any pressure on the ships. You can check prices on the RCCL website from the internet cafe onboard. They will be the same you'd get from the LA onboard. The only difference is the onboard credit you receive only when booking onboard and now of course the 100.00 deposit deal. But it's a risk. Depending on what you want and when you sail you risk the price increasing and/or not getting the best selection of cabins if you wait to book onboard. I would think most people who make an appointment with the LA are definitely going to book a cruise, not just check prices. :)

Bill, I am new to the boards and I am not sure how to place your quote here.

I realized once I posted that it indeed was an onboard credit and not a discount. It had nothing to do with our ability or willingness to put a deposit on the future cruise. We spent 5 minutes or so with her, we knew the dates because it was our kids spring break and we new that we wanted an Eastern Caribbean cruise. She was extremely nice and laid-back and she told us that she did not think that it was worth" tying that much money up for that much time". We had never spoken with an LA before so we just took her word for it. Thanks for the information though, I will remember it for next time.

Archived