Journey speciality restaurants named.

Zenithfan

Sounds expensive!

Actually, the restaurants are planned to have several prices based on the "liquor pairing" you choose. The least expensive would be "no liquor" and then there would be between 2 and 4 prices higher, depending on the quality of the pairing you choose.

Actually, the restaurants are planned to have several prices based on the "liquor pairing" you choose. The least expensive would be "no liquor" and then there would be between 2 and 4 prices higher, depending on the quality of the pairing you choose.

Sounds good to me. Never cared for those specialty restaurants that included wine. You were paying for it even if you didn't drink it. Now, if they only offer half-price in the specialty restaurants on certain nights at certain times?

Can anyone fill me in on the Michel Roux relationship with Celebrity? He was still the executive chef when we were on Century last summer. I heard that he is already or will be separating with Celebrity. Is this true? If so, does anyone know what this means for the quality of the food in the specialty restaurants? Especially on the Journey....

Can anyone fill me in on the Michel Roux relationship with Celebrity? He was still the executive chef when we were on Century last summer. I heard that he is already or will be separating with Celebrity. Is this true? If so, does anyone know what this means for the quality of the food in the specialty restaurants? Especially on the Journey....

Hi Summerlin !

From what has been reported, Chef Roux is no longer affiliated with Celebrity. It appears they are doing things in house currently. Whether Celebrity will select another "name" Chef remains to be seen at this point. I hope that answers your questions.

Does anyone know anything about Journey?

A link to Cruise Critic news summary: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=410

A photo: http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/Pullmantur.html#anchor139855

A link to a thread which will help answer some questions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=492140&highlight=journey

Also - if you use the "Search This Forum" feature on the Celebrity Forum (right side, under the page numbers), and enter "Journey", threads with more recent postings will be listed.

Host Andy,

From what has been reported, Chef Roux is no longer affiliated with Celebrity. It appears they are doing things in house currently. Whether Celebrity will select another "name" Chef remains to be seen at this point. I hope that answers your questions.

According to the press release announcing the end of his status as executive chef, (1) the line's cullinary program is in the hands of staff that Michel Roux trained personally and (2) Michel Roux is will continue to serve as a cullinary consultant.

Norm.

you must be kidding; Journey looks like a battleship. The R class ships are some of the classiest and beautiful ships afloat today,. They top m class for being elegant but the facilities are much smaller. I,ve been on the Tahitian Princess and Regatta and loved them both (we've also been on 3 m class cruises) and have booked the Journey for So America in 2/08.

Archived