Soda Onboard

I have a question about taking soda onboard because I'm confused. I thought it was ok to take some soda onboard. I don't want to buy the soda card because I usually only drink one soda a day. So, the soda card isn't worth it to me. But I want to take a couple sodas onboard with me, can I pack them in my luggage and it's ok? I read somewhere that Royal Carribean won't let you bring ANY drinks onboard.....Can someone clear this up for me? I've only cruised Carnival in the past, and I know recently they have banned taking ANY drinks onboard. Thanks :)

Yep, the ban seems to be universal. If you like a special soda that the ship doesn't have you may get it on board in hand carried luggage ... maybe...

I'm really not sure and think the individual checker may just ignore some people and make a big deal out of others....seems that way.

Under NO circumstances would I pack anything like soda in my checked bags. The way the bags are handled could cause a terrible mess.

Cans of soda are only $1.50--that shouldn't be a budget breaker, if you're only doing 1 per day! I'd rather pack more shoes than heavy soda!!!!

Shoes! Yeeessssss. My DW could fill a train car. :p

My husband is addicted to soda. I pack a separate luggage with 4 cases (12 packs). Separate suit case because years ago, I split the soda up between luggage, and a can leaked and soiled clothes. I also bring about 3-4 24 oz bottles for when we are standing in line and boarding. No problem (13 cruises) on RCL with soda.

My husband is addicted to soda. I pack a separate luggage with 4 cases (12 packs). Separate suit case because years ago, I split the soda up between luggage, and a can leaked and soiled clothes. I also bring about 3-4 24 oz bottles for when we are standing in line and boarding. No problem (13 cruises) on RCL with soda.

I love diet Coke and bring the 710ml plastic bottles onboard since I find them to be more durable (have dropped them many times without breakage) and convenient to use.

Archived