Will be still enjoy cruise in cat 11?

sr5242

we are a very working class family, but we really want to go on a disney cruise. the best we can afford is a cat 11. Will we still enjoy ourselves in steerage? for the same amount we could get a suite on NCL, but the magic of disney intrigues us.

also, when I booked online, I accidently elected second seating, I emailed them to request a change to first, will we have any issues changing seating times?- our cruise is march of 2008.

any thoughts are appreciated.

Disney cruising is wonderful. Depending on the age of your children, you won't be spending much time in your stateroom, so I am sure it will be great. You may want to consider transfering your reservation to a TA to get shipboard credit so you can get more bang for your buck,

Happy travels

Sandy

I had a catg 11 on the Wonder in Feb had a catg 12 gurantee and got to a catg 11 deck 5. It was a great location. I have no problem having an inside infact I swapped my wonderul aft cabin to a guarantee on RCI for a 15 night cruise from a 10 night. Do I spend a lot of time in there? No.

Lexi

We have been on many, many cruises, from inside cabins, port holes, picture windows and verandas. We are frugil people! Thats why we have been all over the world traveling as a family! We are scheduled for a quick disney cruise in May of 07 and booked a Cat 12!!! This is our second cruise in 3 months and 2 trip to a disney facility, we went to Land in Mar 07! There is much to be said about being 'cheep':D

We will be on the Magic in March 2008. It will be our third Disney Cruise. You will enjoy the cruise no matter what cabin you are in. We only visit the cabin for sleep and to change clothes!!!

As for dinner seating we were somewhat disappointed on our first cruise to have the second dinner seating but it worked out well if everyone took a "lie down" between 5 and 6. Our son was 5 on his first cruise and the rest benefitted Mom and Dad as well!! Went to the show at 6:15 and dinner at 8:00!! We now request second seating. If we are too tired from Port Activities there are other reaturants or room service!!

We just returned from an inside cabin on the Magic. It was just fine. There are plenty of areas to enjoy outside views on the ship. We did turn our TV on each morning to the bridge camera to check the weather.

I have only been on one cruise and it was on Disney. I had a Cat 12 room and to be honest, it was a nice room, nothing over the top fancy, but I was hardly in it and I when I was, I was sleeping or rushing to shower and change to get up on deck. I wouldn't worry about it. You will have a wonderful time with that room!

Archived