What are your favorite beaches?

vowsatsea

We're going to be docked in Tortola in May, and we're beach bums. We're looking for the most beautiful beach in Tortola to visit. We're going to do all of our water sports in St. Thomas, so it doesn't matter much if they have that.

We just want a nice lively beach (but not overly crowded) to spend the day.

If you can accompany your recommendations with pictures, that'd be awesome!

Hi there this will be our first time in tortola and since you suggested Cane Garden Bay beach do you know how much a taxi would charge? and also can you do any water sports while at that beach?

also has anyone ever done the lamber beach lunch break excursion that carnival offers?

Thanks

From what I understand, a taxi to CGB from Road Town is about $6 a person. I never use taxi's so I'm going by what others have said. As for water sports, if you're looking for water tramps and such, you usually will not find those in CGB. Some one has occasionally slipped in a couple of jetskis but they are illegal in the BVI. Swimming and hanging out with cold drinks are the popular sports here.

From what I understand, a taxi to CGB from Road Town is about $6 a person. I never use taxi's so I'm going by what others have said. As for water sports, if you're looking for water tramps and such, you usually will not find those in CGB. Some one has occasionally slipped in a couple of jetskis but they are illegal in the BVI. Swimming and hanging out with cold drinks are the popular sports here.

Jet skis are illegal in BVI? Wow...see, you learn something new everyday!

Yup, they are. Supposedly some were grandfathered in if they were there prior to the date of the law being enacted however most of them would be so old they would be almost impossible to get parts for. The one's you do see are technically illegal but I guess if you take care of the right people...if you get my drift.

Yup, they are. Supposedly some were grandfathered in if they were there prior to the date of the law being enacted however most of them would be so old they would be almost impossible to get parts for. The one's you do see are technically illegal but I guess if you take care of the right people...if you get my drift.

I got ya. Well, I really want to rent a jet ski, so I'd rather do it in a place where it's not illegal. I'll probably jet ski in St. Thomas and do the Baths in Tortola

Archived