Vancouver Meals & Logistics

tapia

For those of you that have been to Vancouver, I'm finding it hard to find a lot of information about distance & proximity and the best way to get around.....

Can I actually walk to Stanley Park from Pacific Palisades? Can I walk to great other places from there?

How do most people get to the suspension bridge? Taxi?

Part 2:

Best meal for dinner:

So far I have a list of these:

Water Street Cafe

Joe Fortes

Zin Restaurant

Stepho's (greek)

The rest. up Grouse Mountain (worth going all the way over there?)

Hi,

We used public transport with no problem whatsoever. We didn't get to Stanley Park unfortunately but we did go to the Suspenion Bridge and Grouse Mountain. I know we used a public bus to get there but, just so we didn't have to hang around I think we got a cab back - I 'think' there was a taxi rank type place at the bottom of the mountain.

Re eating - We had the most amazing breakfasts at The Elbow Room. It's well known and has a website - just Google it. One little thing ... the very gay waiter is one of the 'attractions' - he's a bit 'funny rude' and we got a real kick out of him but some people might be a little put off. The food really is worth it though!!!!

We were in Vancouver for 5 days in 2003 and had a rental car. I don't know where your hotel is located, but we stayed at the Westin Bayshore, and it was definitely within walking distance of Stanley Park. We were also able to walk to some of the restaurants on Denman Street. You can get around town for the cost of a trolley ticket, and they also do an evening trip to Grouse Mountain: http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/citytours/index.html

I'm actually in Vancouver right now for a few days staying at the Coast Plaza. It is really easy (and cheap) to get around on public transportation. There are restaurtants everywhere - I just walk down the street looking at menus until I find somthing good. I wouldn't recommend a rental car if you're staying downtown. Parking is difficult and expensive and traffic can be bad - lots of construction going on. There is public transportation to both Grouse Mountain and the suspension bridge according to the brochures. The horse-drawn carriage ride around Stanley Park looks nice as well. You hotel may also run a shuttle to some attractions.

Pacific Pal is in a wonderful walking area full of bery good restaurants. I like Cin-Cin, the Rain City Grill, Blue Water, Cafe de Paris, Bachus. No excuse for not having great food in Vancouver. Yes you can walk to Stanley Park, you can also take a tour or even the bus--very good public transportation. I'm a semi local and would be happy to answer questions about Vancouver, Victoria or Nanaimo

Restaurants everywhere sounds good. I was debating on making a reservation at some restaurant, but I was thinking it may be easier to walk up and down the street looking.

Weird question for you selltile--does Cafe de Paris sell Crepes? I LOVE them, especially the dessert ones....

How far is it to walk to Stanley Park? A 10 minute walk is fine, but longer I would think about the bus...

What would you recommend doing? I was thinking either the bridge or Stanley Park. Can I do both, or am I better off doing one? I really don't want to tire myself out in the last day of my vacation....

Thanks!

Are you talking about the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver? If so, is was very easy to get to from where we stayed downtown. We took a ferry and then a bus that dropped us off right at Capilano. Can't rememer where we got the schedule, probably at the hotel. If you are an AAA member, Capilano offers a discount on price of admission. Here is the website http://www.capbridge.com.

Yes, I was talking about that.

That's great--I am an AAA member.....I'll write that up into my word doc to help me out. Thanks so much for the insight.

Do you recommend that over Stanley Park?

Archived