London Heathrow airport transfer

Amy G

We fly into to Heathrow and we need to transfer to London Gatwick airport. I know there is a company, National Express, that will take you to Gatwick airport, but I was wondering where I pick up this shuttle at the Heathrow Airport (not sure what terminal we fly into, we are flying British Air).

Thanks!

You would be better with the Speedlink transfer buses. I've never used them but believe they run every 15 minutes between Heathrow and Gatwick, journey takes 70 minutes and the cost is £17 one way. You can't book in advance, but need to purchase the tickets at the bus and coach ticket information desk in the arrival terminal. I tried to post the link for you, but wasn't successful. (I typed Speedlink into Google to find the info)

[This message was edited by suekay on 06-17-04 at 06:36 PM.]

OK, British Airways flights from San Fran now operate to/from Terminal 1. You should be able to pick up the Gatwick coach from there. I'm not sure where they go from, but I think it highly likely that it will be from the same level as arrivals (which is the ground floor). When you exit from the Customs hall, you will exit into the meeting/greeting area where you will see lots of bright yellow signs, some of which will point you towards buses.

If you're not confident that you're going in the right direction, look for a National Express desk. Failing that, head for the airport information desk in that area.

Where are you going at, or from, Gatwick? If it's another BA flight, you will need the North Terminal. It's not a disaster if you get off at the wrong terminal because there's a nifty little automatic shuttle train between the two, but you'll just be annoyed with yourself.

PS - It's always either "British Airways" or "BA". It's never ever "British Air", nor has it ever been. Never understand where that came from. icon_smile.gif

Jewel of the Seas 1-3 May 2004 - see my review here, and my photos here.

Archived