We're back!

dakrewser

Just a quick note to let you know that Makrewser & I are back from 11 days on the Dawn Princess (Mexican Riviera cruise).

I'll post a full comparison of Princess to HAL in a da or two, but for those waiting to know what a HAL lover thought of his first sailing on the "Love Boat" line - it was a nice trip. Nothing awful, nothing fantastic. Some things better than HAL, some not as good.

Would we sail Princess again? Yes, if the itinerary was right. Would we sail the Dawn Princess again? Probably not, unless it was a knockout itinerary.

More to come.

By the way, the Dawn Princess will be based in San Diego for the upcoming fall and winter seasons. She will be departing on Sundays for 7 day trips to Mexico (Cabo, Mazatlan, PV) much like the usual Saturday turns for the Oosterdam. Your friendly San Diego shore staff will welcome you with open arms as usual!

David

I have been anxiously waiting for your report. I was booked on Princess last spring but was canceled due to the Star fire. Princess issued us a full refund and $300pp credit towards a future cruise and it is burning a hole in my pocket so to speak. If we want to use the credit we need to book by years end. Can't wait to hear more.

Archived