Dam Bucks - what are they really

shipshape sam

OK, I'm almost afraid to ask...

What is this chicken toss thing? :confused:

Chicken Toss...

They put a barrel (like a mop bucket) a certain distance away from you. The person gets 5 chances to get their chicken into the bucket. There were 5 rubber chickens in various sizes going from "larger to really small" REMINDS YOU OF THE GAMES YOU USED TO PLAY AT BIRTHDAY PARTIES WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE KIDS!

OMG:eek:! Thanks, but deep down inside I didn't really want to know. Get out! Tossing chickens into a bucket, my, my, my. :o

Chicken Toss...

They put a barrel (like a mop bucket) a certain distance away from you. The person gets 5 chances to get their chicken into the bucket. There were 5 rubber chickens in various sizes going from "larger to really small" REMINDS YOU OF THE GAMES YOU USED TO PLAY AT BIRTHDAY PARTIES WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE KIDS!

Sorry to hear that the Noordam is cutting back on dam dollar activities. Could it be a difference in cruise directors? (we had Drew Murdock last October and his great staff). Perhaps HAL should instill fleetwide standards so all experience the same level of activities and prices?

I remember a few years ago HAL had a similar program for participating in fitness events, but they discontinued it due to declining interest by HAL's passengers.

On the Maasdam we had "Bear Droppings". On the first cruise we had 5 teddy bears that we had to drop over the railing and get into a basket. Depending on how many you got in, depended on how many dam dollars you got. The second cruise one of the bears had an accident so we had only 4. It was a lot of fun. usually about 30 people were always there to play the game.

Years ago it was "Passport to Fitness". It was popular but some people cheated. For example, you got a stamp in your passport when you completed the "walk-a-mile". Some people would walk so far and then cut through thus cutting down the mile to about 1/2 mile. Several times on several cruises, some people would show up at basketball, shuffle board, etc., touch the ball, etc., and got a stamp and then left! That was one of the reasons they stopped that program.

Archived