Need some special birthday surprise ideas!!

jenr

My husband will be turning 30 on our upcoming Destiny cruise and I want to do something extra special for him. We will be enjoying a day at sea on his actual birthday. I have already ordered the birthday decorations for the cabin and of course notified Carnival that we will be celebrating his birthday (so I am sure we will enjoy a cake at one of our dinners). Does anyone have any ideas??? Thanks so much in advance!

I took my BF on a cruise for his 30th last year... I had the cake and decorations in the room, ordered a cake for dinner the night of his bday... it was also 4th of July, so I took him to a nice restaurant in Cozumel (okay, so he got food poisoning, but it was the thought right? LOL) While at the restaurant, I had the little mexican band come over and sing a couple of songs, then the entire restaurant started singing and carrying on. He went to get our coffee one morning and I had packed a ton of small gifts and placed them throughout the cabin... our room steward and his asst helped me sing happy bday to him... I also told the player in the Piano Bar that it was his bday and he played a special (yet hilarious) song for him... he said it was the best bday ever :D

I have designed a "Spa Gift Certificate" at home and presented it to my DH on Board. Book an appointment for him as soon as you board for a full massage. He will love it! Also either bring or pre-order his favorite bottle of wine.

Bon voyage

Stlrboo,

I think you have just made my husband the happiest man alive...that is a great idea. Maybe I need to keep thinking of ideas from a man's point of view. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks

I just celebrated a bday onboard and my SO also..

I had the room decorated and had a bday cake in the room. I ordered a cake ahead of time for the dining room as well.

REMEMBER TO REMIND YOUR WAITER. If not,,they wont remember. At least on my sailing..and they charge you for the cake in the dining room.

I had a massage & facial for my bday..it was great!

SO got the best gift,,he got a cruise!

knowing the way most men think (I am one), just a big red ribbon/bow that will fit around your waist will make him eternally grateful.. ;) and 'happy'

Fruit and sweet "condiments" are always winners!

jenr: I know most women never think about it, but men (at least me) enjoy being given flowers. :D

Carnival has some really nice bouquets which they will deliver the day of the b'day!

You want to be different..

Flowers and a beautiful woman in a red bow/ribbon.. PRICELESS!! :p

Be sure to order your cake as they are no longer free and you will have to either order it ahead of time or at formalities. You could order him a gift delivery to be delivered to the ship. I'm doing this for my DD and have had beer, etc delivered for hubby. There is a recent thread on here where I listed various companies that offer this service. Also, Carnival has a really nice beer and gift package now that they will deliver.

Stop at your local novelity store and pick up a "adult fun Pail" and wrap it for him.

Archived