Hurricane Alex and Maasdam.........

sail7seas

Hurricane Alex is charted to be off the coast of MA tomorrow and will bring us heavy rain but not much else. Seeing as the storm is traveling north (Canada/New England route), I hope Maasdam does not encounter really rough weather/seas. I worry about our friends aboard that it will be very stormy.

Sail...Hurricane Alex is traveling more to the east than the north, and the Maasdam will be in Halifax tomorrow so I don't think they will get the worst of the seas. The rain we are to get is not from the hurricane but from the storms that are moving in from the west of us.

They may get some swells from the hurricane, but I think that is more likely coming south from Halifax to Bar Harbor tomorrow night and on Friday.

Yes, Liz. I heard the same as you. But Harvey Leonard's forecast this evening indicated very heavy seas from Alex. The heavy rain we are to get is coming from the west, as you say.

It is the winds and seas I worry about for Maasdam. Hopefully, seeing they are in port all day tomorrow, they'll be fine. Tomorrow night could be high seas.

I see on Kroooz Cams that the Maasdam is having a lovely day today in Halifax...about 72F and sunny. The hurricane is now East of Nova Scotia and still moving NE so I assume the ship may have slightly rough seas tonight on their way to Bar Harbor where it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Don't think they will encounter any high winds tho from the hurricane.

Archived