passport required for July 1 cruise to nowhere

obosix

I was a little surprised when I was informed by Cunard that a passport is required for the July 1 cruise out of New York. I had not received this info from my TA, but when I received the guest registration and saw info required for a passport I emailed Cunard and they state all quests must have a passport.

I am an owner of a NYC based Travel Agency. It is not requried on the CTN. Depending on the port location, a CTN may request passports in case the ship needs to divert. However, since the closest foreign port is hundreds of miles away, they do not require it for the CTN the QM2 is sailing. Their other cruises require it and therefore all of their printed materials, brochures, etc say that it is required. Nevertheless, since you have time, it is not a bad idea to get it if you can since the passport offices are very busy. In fact, I had one client to won a trip to Europe and did not have a passport. My advice is to have one and a bag packed in case you win a trip!!!

All teh best.

30+ Cruises and Counting

Queen Mary 2 - May 2004

Pride of Aloha - August 2004

Caribbean Princess - February 2005

Hi!

My extended family is on the 5/7 cruise to no where. I emailed & called Cunard. By phone I was told they now required passports. Their email response says that a drivers liscence & original birth certificate will be ok. Everyone has now applied for the passports but if they don't arrive in time, the alternative id's should be ok.

Meg

That is correct. But for the 7/1, since there is plenty of time, I would get the passport.

Nevertheless the Birth Certficate and DL are ok.

30+ Cruises and Counting

Queen Mary 2 - May 2004

Pride of Aloha - August 2004

Caribbean Princess - February 2005

Obosix........I am also on the 7/1 sailing and I know for sure that a passport is not required. Birth certificate and driver's license is good on this sailing. I also live on Staten Island and I just can't wait to go.

Happy Sailing!!!!!

Helane icon_wink.gif

40+ Cruises

QM2 7/1/04

I emailed and also called and both responses were that all guests traveling on the QM2 will need passports. May have alot to do with security issues, especially in NY and around the 4th

I called the number that was in the booklet I received with the pre-registration form. They specifically said a passport is not required. Additionally, I called to see if they received my pre-registration form and instead of checking the computer, they took my info over the phone. They asked which form of ID I will be using and I said birth cert. & driver's license and the guy said that's all I need.

I hope this was helpful to you.

Happy Sailing!!!!!

Helane icon_wink.gif

I agree, it seems you will get different answers form different people and it leaves us wondering which bit of info is correct. I think I'll just get the passport....incase!!

Archived