Mariner Concierge Club

For those diamond and diamond plus members staying in JS's :D

###

Lets not forget those who are "entitled";) to the concierge cuz of the misprint about JSs in the RCCL brochure....:p

• 1 month later...
I, also, didnot understand why the lounge was on deck 9 and not 10 where all the suites were located. Is it 2 tiered? Is there an entrance on deck 10?

No and no.....:)

So why is the Concierge Club located on deck 9 where all the JS cabins are located if those in the JS can't enter the Concierge Club?

:confused::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What makes you think that there should be some correlation between the placement of the concierge lounge and the categories of rooms in its vicinity? I fail to see any connection or your point.:rolleyes:

The new concierge lounge on Legend of the Seas is located on Deck 7 and the nearest staterooms are D1s. Would you take that to mean that guests in D1s rate concierge lounge access even if they have not attained Diamond status? Your question is the equivalent of the "parking in a driveway and driving on a parkway" routine. It is a total non sequitor.

This is just a SWAG, but the Centrum only goes through deck 9. There might be a structural reason for not having the CL on deck 10.

Or, it could be just because they put it on deck 9 for no reason at all.

Now that the issue has been raised, I am sure that word will get back to the team of designers working on Genesis, so that they will be sure to place the concierge club in its proper location, and not somewhere that those who haven't earned access might stumble across it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My guess is that they originally planned to have the JS use it also where the highest number of guests who booked JS not just Diamonds who could be located anywhere on the ship. I did send an email to the ship architects to make sure they don't make the same mistake again. After 20 cruises, I feel highly qualified to give them my opinion at no charge.

On the HAL Zuiderdam, the lounge is right in the middle of the suites to keep the outsider traffic down I guess and the suites won't have far to travel.

My guess is that they originally planned to have the JS use it also where the highest number of guests who booked JS not just Diamonds who could be located anywhere on the ship. I did send an email to the ship architects to make sure they don't make the same mistake again. After 20 cruises, I feel highly qualified to give them my opinion at no charge.

Now that is just plain funny.........

BTW....I bet most Diamond/Diamond Plus dont book GS or higher.......we dont....

My guess is that they originally planned to have the JS use it also where the highest number of guests who booked JS not just Diamonds who could be located anywhere on the ship. I did send an email to the ship architects to make sure they don't make the same mistake again.

On the HAL Zuiderdam, the lounge is right in the middle of the suites to keep the outsider traffic down I guess and the suites won't have far to travel.

The only problem with your 'guess' is that when the Voyager Class ships were originally designed and built there was no plan to permit JS guest to have access to the concierge lounges. Only a proofreading error in last year's brochures even raised the question of accessibility for JS guests. The dramatic rise in the number of diamond and diamond plus members began around the time that the first Voyager ships were being built, so it is unlikely that they were thinking to expand eligibility for access to even more guests.

I think Paul is probably correct. The placement of the lounge was incidental and didn't reflect any seriously deep, well - thought out plan. It was placed where it is, because it was place where it is. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.:D

PS I am sure that the ship's architects will give your suggestion the attention that it deserves, coming from someone with such a long history of cruising. ;)

I'm so embarassed with only 20 cruises rather than 10,000 valuable and noteworthy posts. Let's see, that's about 5 per day for the last 6 years.

All of us are entitled to our opinions without comment.

I was on the Zuiderman 4 times in suites and the lounge was never close to us. We had the wrap around cabins aft on decks 5 and 9. The balconies more than made up for the walk. We also were just on the Mariner in March and had a short walk to the concierges lounge and it was down one deck but it was by the elevators so it was easy to get to. I think the design was made that way to give all the qualified guests a chance to use the lounge.

Now that the issue has been raised, I am sure that word will get back to the team of designers working on Genesis, so that they will be sure to place the concierge club in its proper location, and not somewhere that those who haven't earned access might stumble across it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well said Bill:p

Neither do we:p Later, Jill:cool:

Since it is an expense, not a profit maker, why would they want to make it more accessible?

It's the "Salad Bar Theory" - If you put the costliest items such as shrimp, cauliflower and broccoli where they are almost inaccessible, your food costs will be much lower.

From SYSCO - under profitability

"ARRANGEMENT OF INGREDIENTS

Inexpensive items should be placed first, close to the customer, and it should be easy for the customer to obtain large quantities of these items. Medium cost ingredients should be placed next and necessitate a moderate reach. The most expensive items should be placed last in the arrangement and/or located high in the center under the sneeze guard, where they are difficult to reach."

I'm so embarassed with only 20 cruises rather than 10,000 valuable and noteworthy posts. Let's see, that's about 5 per day for the last 6 years.

All of us are entitled to our opinions without comment.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH................you are entitled to your opinion, but when you post that opinon on an internet message board, you are certainly going to get comments!

ACTUALLY,its 3.15 posts per day..:)

It is Mon. morning and my DH wants to know why I am sitting at the computer laughing my head off. This guy is hysterical. He should be introduced to the one that started the Concierge lounge thread, they have a lot in common.

Archived