P & O Drink Prices etc

Shelledpea

HI all,

Am looking at booking on Ventura in Jan 2009 but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to the prices ~ generally on P & O overall in the caribbean ~ of Bottles of wine, pints of beer, a can of coke etc. I will be travelling with two children so I am reviewing the options between P&O and RCI

Cheers Shelley

HI all,

Am looking at booking on Ventura in Jan 2009 but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to the prices ~ generally on P & O overall in the caribbean ~ of Bottles of wine, pints of beer, a can of coke etc. I will be travelling with two children so I am reviewing the options between P&O and RCI

Cheers Shelley

Hi Shelley

In general booze prices on P&O are a little less than city centre pub prices. About £2.50 for Stella and the same for a G & T. Wine prices are reasonable and you can buy a wine package for £75. which gives you 6 reds or 6 whites or 3 of each. That makes a bottle £12.50 at the table. This is for very reasonable wine which was much better than I had thought we would get.

I am not certain about RCI but reading these boards I get the impression that the American lines are generally more expensive. Remembering they add on 15% to your booze bill, whereas with P&O it is included.

:):)Happy Cruising and Boozing:):)

:cool:

Dai

Cheers Dai,

Didn't realise the service charge was included ~ that makes a hell of a lot of difference (as we found out on costa). Prices seem similar to Ocean village from what you have quoted.

Shelley

Hi I have been on both Ocean Village and P & O and the prices are pretty similar, if you were OK with the O/V prices then you will be fine on P & O - I went with RCI last year and found the prices to be quite expensive to what I have usually experienced on cruise ships, i remember i drank beer rather than wine on RCI as it was cheaper.

Hope this helps?

Hi I have been on both Ocean Village and P & O and the prices are pretty similar, if you were OK with the O/V prices then you will be fine on P & O - I went with RCI last year and found the prices to be quite expensive to what I have usually experienced on cruise ships, i remember i drank beer rather than wine on RCI as it was cheaper.

Hope this helps?

Not quite as refined, What:D:D

:)Happy Hic!!! Boozing:)

Dai

Hi,

Don't forget on RCI they do unlimited soda packages for about £28 each for 14 nights. This saves an absolute bomb! Do P &O have kids packages? I think they did when I went on Ocean village, but can't remember?

cheers,

Heather.;)

Hi,

Don't forget on RCI they do unlimited soda packages for about £28 each for 14 nights. This saves an absolute bomb! Do P &O have kids packages? I think they did when I went on Ocean village, but can't remember?

cheers,

Heather.;)

No:( But you can carry on board as much booze as you like:)

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

Hi missmental

Never mind about the kids drink packages, the fact that you can take alcohol on board and keep it in the fridge is going to save us money, and the wine packages at dinner sound very reasonable!! flea x

Ah, I misread it, 6 red or 6 white, makes £12.50 a bottle. So why was I quoted £9.25 per bottle by P& O and that's without a package?

Hi jeanlyon,

Yes it does look better at 12 bottles for £75:rolleyes: But it was not to be:(. Hopes smashed by reading the sentence properly:(. Those 2 or three minutes of bliss.:rolleyes:

Why £9.25, well I suspect that this is house wine. The bottles in the package are not house wines and are really very good, full of flavour and body.

Happy Croosining Hic!! Hic!! and fings!

Dai

• 2 weeks later...

We have just found out that P&O will not allow you to take alcohol on board their ships from June07?? and that it will be confiscated at the gangway and returned to your cabin on the last day! We are planning to go back to the Caribbean with P&O and was looking forward to having a glass of Pussers Rum on the balcony of our cabin,Not happy!!!:(

:) Hi, Yes we too are bitterly disappointed that P&O will not allow your own drinks onboard now from June 2007 - that's a shame because we are booked on Artemis on the 24th July to go to Greenland, Iceland and Norway and was really looking forward to having a few drinks before dinner each evening - never mind will have to look at the scenery up on deck instead and, come to think of it, that will do our liver much more good!!!:)

:) Hi, Yes we too are bitterly disappointed that P&O will not allow your own drinks onboard now from June 2007 - that's a shame because we are booked on Artemis on the 24th July to go to Greenland, Iceland and Norway and was really looking forward to having a few drinks before dinner each evening - never mind will have to look at the scenery up on deck instead and, come to think of it, that will do our liver much more good!!!:)

someone on Cruise connections or we love cruising has posted that they rang P+O and they were told 01/07/2007 - so you might be ok

(though with the chinese whispers going on, which i've just added to, i suggest you call p+o to get the 'real' answer ) wont bother me - i've never got room in my luggage - the first thing to go when the zips won't shut is the 'little bottle' :D (& the one time it made it, it leaked - & it carried amarula that time (bit like bailleys)

karen

Hello, just been reading all this about the drinks. I'm going on Arcadia with my mum in September, we are not great wine drinkers but she does like a glass of medium white with a meal, and I like dry, can you buy wine by the glass?

:confused: Well, it had to happen some time I suppose, very disappointed to hear P&O won't be allowing take on alcohol, this was great when we went on Adonia in 2004, hadn't been expecting it and as we were on from Fremantle to UK was very good to get off and buy drinks at the various ports and not have to pay the onboard prices. We are going on Oriana next year Singapore to Fremantle and would have taken drinks. Are P&O going to advise anyone of this on the website, or was it going to come as a nasty surprise. I expect it is to do with the cash flow and the captive market only having access to what the ship provides, P&O Australia do not allow take on drinks. Does this apply to soft drinks? Know quite a few people who like to take their favourite juice or soft drinks, another thing to add to the long list of things we used to get and don't anymore.

We have just found out that P&O will not allow you to take alcohol on board their ships from June07?? and that it will be confiscated at the gangway and returned to your cabin on the last day! We are planning to go back to the Caribbean with P&O and was looking forward to having a glass of Pussers Rum on the balcony of our cabin, Not happy!!!:(

Where has this information come from???

The P&O website does not carry it!

The P&O (CC) site is down at present and so I cannot ask there.

Is this fact or rumor.

Lots of people going to be unhappy.:mad::mad:

I don't give a *******:rolleyes:.

I have never taken booze on board as it has been so cheap to buy. eg. Gin at £10.00.

Happy Cruising

Dai

This information is in the new PandO brochure.

Jimmy

I have just managed to access P&O CC and it has caused some concern on there. Having been away I missed the **** hitting the fan on Saturday.:(

I have just received my copy of the 2008 brochure, and there it is.

Are well, no change for me!!!!:cool:

:)Happy Cruising:)

Dai

:eek: Have been reading lots of posts on the Crows Nest site about not taking on alcohol, seems it will be from July 07, not happy:mad: :mad: for us aussies the exchange rate makes on board purchases expensive, on our last trip we took some aussie beer and had a drink before getting ready for dinner on our friends' balcony, and on Adonia in 2004 we bought wine in South Africa to take on, and in Maderia bought wine and cake for our relatives we stayed with. Does this mean all that is now a no no. See some suggesting everyone should voice their disapproval to P&O. I wonder if maybe they would not enforce it on the World Cruises. Awaiting your opinions.

Archived