2008 Spring Transatlantics

C 2 C

Bookings for Transatlantics will be available in the next couple of weeks depending on whom you call for information at X.

If you search various websites you may be able to predict sailing dates.

Century will most likely sail from Miami to Amsterdam April 28 to May 12.

Constellation will(?) sail April 11 to Harwich April 24.

Summit might have a dry dock scheduled because there is a gap in her schedule from March 29th in San Juan to April 29 in Southhampton.

Galaxy has a much larger gap, whether for drydock or charter, from April 18 in San Juan to June 9 in Rome.

Celebrity Quest will most likely have a 14 day crossing to Rome from Miami April 12 to April 26.

Millennium is missing after April 20th 2008 with no itineraries posted for Europe. Perhaps she will join Infinity in Alaska. The 2008 Alaska season has not been published yet for 2008.

(The itineraries above are pure speculation.)

Millennium is missing after April 20th 2008 with no itineraries posted for Europe. Perhaps she will join Infinity in Alaska./quote]

We were told Millennium and Summit are switching itineraries.

Hi Everyone !

If my information is correct (and so far it has been), Alaska, Hawaii, Transatlantics, Pacific Northwest, and Repositioning Cruises should be released next Wednesday.

I was told Panama Canal should be released anytime over the next few days, and Caribbean will be released around April 18th.

Was wondering when it was likely that the T/A would be released. The future cruise staff on Millennium didn't seem to have any idea.

Will keep my eye on the boards and no doubt all will be revealed in time. I am open to all dates.

Sue

Hi Everyone !

If my information is correct (and so far it has been), Alaska, Hawaii, Transatlantics, Pacific Northwest, and Repositioning Cruises should be released next Wednesday.

I was told Panama Canal should be released anytime over the next few days, and Caribbean will be released around April 18th.

Thanks very much for that - I'm eagerly awaiting all of them!

It would be very interesting if they sent Millennium over here to do Alaska - I'd love to sail on that ship.

Thanks very much for that - I'm eagerly awaiting all of them!

It would be very interesting if they sent Millennium over here to do Alaska - I'd love to sail on that ship.

Yes..we just came back from

22 days aboard the MILLENNIUM.

She is in fact a wonderful beautiful ship

with an incredible crew. We loved the B2B cruises

and, our time aboard.

You will too. ;)

Millennium is indeed going to Alaska. The Panama Canal cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco late April 2008 opened for bookings today.

There was another topic on the 2008 transatlantics last week that had the exact itineraries of 7 of them, do a search.

Cheers -

Floris

Millennium is indeed going to Alaska. The Panama Canal cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco late April 2008 opened for bookings today.

There was another topic on the 2008 transatlantics last week that had the exact itineraries of 7 of them, do a search.

Cheers -

Floris

Thanks for the additional info - I'm suddenly VERY excited about Alaska next year!!

Bookings for Transatlantics will be available in the next couple of weeks depending on whom you call for information at X.

If you search various websites you may be able to predict sailing dates.

Century will most likely sail from Miami to Amsterdam April 28 to May 12.

Constellation will(?) sail April 11 to Harwich April 24.

Summit might have a dry dock scheduled because there is a gap in her schedule from March 29th in San Juan to April 29 in Southhampton.

Galaxy has a much larger gap, whether for drydock or charter, from April 18 in San Juan to June 9 in Rome.

Celebrity Quest will most likely have a 14 day crossing to Rome from Miami April 12 to April 26.

Millennium is missing after April 20th 2008 with no itineraries posted for Europe. Perhaps she will join Infinity in Alaska. The 2008 Alaska season has not been published yet for 2008.

(The itineraries above are pure speculation.)

:) Good afternoon, Arno

SUMMIT's gap is due to drydock in Southampton ( Or Brest....) for installation of auxilliary diesel generator, and ''new / refit / rebuilt '' thrust bearings by RollsRoyce for the (in)famous pods....the same treatment Connie and Millie are getting this spring, plus the obvious long list of hotel/soft goods/hard goods maintenance. Thus, there will be a transat first, and it will terminate in Southampton.

GALAXY's gap is for her Century-type total top shelf rejuvination...likely to take place same yard as Century in Palermo ( size and scope of work, expertise, precedents....). Thus, there will be a transat on her as well.

Millie is merely swapping with what SUMMIT has done since her inception, and Summit reciprocates post drydock.

Cheers

;)

Thanks Claude.

I was trying to fill in the gaps in sailing times and hoping for a major Galaxy refit.

With Mercury's upgrade announcement today and the new schedule for Millennium I will look for the Galaxy press release.

I'm just wondering about the reason for the Summit/Millennium itinerary swap.

Did Summit make such a bad name for itself in Alaskan waters as a result of the pods or is Alaska more demanding of higher speeds that Summit can no longer handle?

Thanks Claude.

I'm just wondering about the reason for the Summit/Millennium itinerary swap.

Did Summit make such a bad name for itself in Alaskan waters as a result of the pods or is Alaska more demanding of higher speeds that Summit can no longer handle?

Good evening,Arno

The ''swap'' ,imo, is a result of the logistics surrounding the installation of the auxilliary diesel unit. Seems like the yard in Europe performing the task this spring for Millie & Connie has been selected to do so fleet-wise...and presumably will do likewise for RCL's ''Radiance''class, also scheduled for such a job.( thus, are Radiance and Serenade destined for Europe within a couple of years ...?? And Jewel / Brilliance redeployed to the WestCoast ??)

I cannot see any other reason for Summit to end up in Europe...and I'm sure ==X== is not swapping ships just for swap's sake.....But there again, their management ''accomplishements'' in recent times have been somewhat puzzling at times.....

Now....about Infinity & the diesel auxilliary......

Oh heck,,,enough armchair quarterbacking ....

Cheers

;)

Hi guys , well the dates and itineraries are out and all 2008 Trans Atlantics go on sale this Wednesday 11th April at 9am EST or 2pm UK time.

Im going to book the Constellation as it has an amazing itinerary.:)

Where do you see the itineraries and dates? I went to the Celebrity web site and I don't see anything. I am looking for the Galaxy. Is that out yet?

Thanks, dellas1000. Celebrity told my TA that they may be out today, Monday, but the site is still not showing them. So I emailed her about the Wednesday morning time. We're looking for the 4/11 eastbound of Connie so that we can fly back home on the other half of our RT for this fall's Connie TA.

Great info on these boards. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Thanks, dellas1000. Celebrity told my TA that they may be out today, Monday, but the site is still not showing them. So I emailed her about the Wednesday morning time. We're looking for the 4/11 eastbound of Connie so that we can fly back home on the other half of our RT for this fall's Connie TA.

Great info on these boards. Don't know what I'd do without it.

Yeah should be a nice one 13 nights Eastbound .

11APR FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 430P DOCKED

12APR AT SEA

13APR KINGS WHARF, BERMUDA 400P DOCKED

14APR KINGS WHARF, BERMUDA 330P DOCKED

15APR AT SEA

16APR AT SEA

17APR AT SEA

18APR AT SEA

19APR AT SEA

20APR CORK, IRELAND 800A 500P DOCKED

21APR BREST, FRANCE 900A 400P DOCKED

22APR PARIS (LE HAVRE), FRANCE 800A 1100P DOCKED

23APR CHERBOURG, FRANCE 700A 345P DOCKED

24APR HARWICH, ENGLAND 400A DOCKED

This is not on sale but it has been loaded ready for sale .

Where can I find this information. Am looking for the Summit itin. for spring. Any help would be appreciated.

Anne

Hi well there are some amazing prices for this cruise!!

Insides from Eur896 and Balconies from Eur1810 these are cruise only excluding port taxes and gratuities but still very good. Eur 1 = USD 1.30 approx.

Itinerary ::

29MAR SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO 1100P DOCKED

30MAR AT SEA

31MAR AT SEA

01APR AT SEA

02APR AT SEA

03APR AT SEA

04APR PONTA DELGADA, AZORES 700A 200P DOCKED

05APR AT SEA

06APR VIGO, SPAIN 1000A 600P DOCKED

07APR GIJON, SPAIN 900A 500P DOCKED

08APR LA ROCHELLE, FRANCE 800A 100P DOCKED

09APR CHERBOURG, FRANCE 1200N 600P DOCKED

10APR SOUTHAMPTON, ENGLAND 600A DOCKED

Looks like a nice trip , Hope this helps :)

Hi Everyone !

Andy,

Any news yet. I don't see anything posted yet?

Archived