2008 Spring Transatlantics

C 2 C

Ugh...I hate this part. Waiting for Alaska '08 to open. Have my list of cabin choices...and just waiting for it to open. Thing is, with Summit moving to Med, we don't really know what the set-up is going to be for Alaska 08. YIKES...maybe I should start looking at Mercury deck plans in case that is my only R/T Vancouver option! :eek:

Andy,

Any news yet. I don't see anything posted yet?

Hi Dmk !

Today should be the day for Transatlantics, Alaska, Pacific NW, and Hawaii. If there is anything urgent you wish to book, I would give Celebrity a call, and see if you can make the booking you hope for.

I do feel most if not all of the above will be out today. Good luck !

They are all on the Celebrity site now. Some categories already indicate sold out. Amazing what pre-ordering through a travel agent can do. They are able to get in there before any of us.

Spoke with mine and we have aft cabins on Constellation and Millenium reserved. Now its down to picking which one later today so we can release the other.

Where did you see them on Celebrity's site? I just looked and all I can find are the 2007 transatlantics. When I put in a 2008 date it says nothing is available.

Terri

They are able to get in there before any of us.

Not true!!!! I am a Travel Agent and I started to go onto the system at 1:30pm and I could see the cabins and prices but couldnt book. I by chance went in again at 1:54pm and it was on sale already and certain staterooms had gone. My friend who is not a Travel Agent booked at 1:50pm and called me . So its open to all at the same time.

Anyway I got what I wanted Constellation for TA 9th Sept. , was a bit costly but I dont care its only money :D

I was finally able to get pricing, but I've got to say I was a little disappointed in the prices. I priced the exact cabin I'm in for this years Sept TA on Consstellation and it's $1600 more for next year! It is two days longer, but that's a pretty big difference for 2 days!

Terri

Mine is on the 12th. It's not a milestone, already had that one, but it's big enough. We were supposed to be on Noordam today out of NYC, but DH decided to rupture his quadracept, instead. Now I can actually say "Next year at sea".

I was finally able to get pricing, but I've got to say I was a little disappointed in the prices. I priced the exact cabin I'm in for this years Sept TA on Consstellation and it's $1600 more for next year! It is two days longer, but that's a pretty big difference for 2 days!

Terri

The prices for the Constellation 2008 westbound transatlantic are nearly double what we paid for the 2007 westbound transatlantic. We'll pass.

There is no Summit fall transatlantic. Will it stay in Europe year round?

No, she's headed back to the Caribbean. I have already seen the itinerary for the westbound transatlantic on Summit; I guess it will be available for bookings shortly/later.

Has anyone seen an eastbound transatlantic for Galaxy in 2008? I'm still trying to piece together her movements in the April/May/June 2008 period, and the TA was an important piece.

Yes, it is available and bookable on www.celebrity.com.

Floris

Floris said:

Yes, it is available and bookable on http://www.celebrity.com.

I just can't find it. For example if I go to this page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/search/vacationSearchResults.do;jsessionid=00003nguVWuV0Od4fdIeSnNsCaR:1051tg3ld?dest=T.ATL&ship=GL

I can see details for Galaxy TA's in Spring 2007, December & December 2008, but not for Spring 2008.

It might be because I'm in the UK. I notice that the prices quoted for me are in GBP, so the system knows I'm from the UK. Perhaps that voyage isn't released for us yet.

Has anyone seen an eastbound transatlantic for Galaxy in 2008? I'm still trying to piece together her movements in the April/May/June 2008 period, and the TA was an important piece.

Me, too. I called Celebrity this a.m. and they can't find a thing related to the spring TA.

Tom, Hi...the 1st 1/2 of April Galaxy will still be in the Caribbean

out of San Juan.

Can't help you with the later dates.

The way everyone is talking, I am guessing those dates

will be published soon.

As I hinted in my opening post:

Galaxy has a much larger gap, whether for drydock or charter, from April 18 in San Juan to June 9 in Rome.

I think this is the year for a Galaxy makeover.:confused:

Perhaps they have not been able to finalize the shipyard yet.. Century had a "final" crossing before its upgrade.

And I'm still hoping for a Solstice crossing in 2008..

Cruisertoday,

There is no Summit fall transatlantic. Will it stay in Europe year round?

No. According to the company's press release, she is going from Barcelona to San Juan on 29 November 2008. The press release also lists several itineraries that did not appear in the press release of European itineraries.

Norm.

Hot dog! We just booked the Quest for the spring 2008 transatlantic cruise from Miami to Rome. When we arrive in Civitavecchia, we'll then board the Legend of the Seas and sail the Greek Isles, Turkey, and Egypt! What a great B2B!:D :D :D

Garry

The prices for the Constellation 2008 westbound transatlantic are nearly double what we paid for the 2007 westbound transatlantic. We'll pass.

I'm definitely in "sticker shock" but I still went ahead and booked the 2008 westbound on Constellation. I LOVE the westbound ta's!

Terri

We just booked the Connie Eastbound. It was a tossup between this and the Century trip as we wanted to do Amsterdam and Beligum. I discovered that there is a train ferry from Harwich that goes into various Dutch cities. Prices are good.

http://www.dutchflyer.com.uk

We will be celebrating our Anniversary on the 18th.

Archived