Taxis in Civitavecchia?

How easy is it to get a taxi from the port to the train station?

We aren't purchasing the cruise transfers and need to get to Rome on our own. Because we'll have luggage with us, I think a taxi will be necessary.

Thanks!

Leaving the ship early before the free shuttle to the port exit ran, we had no problems getting a taxi to the train station.

Others told about drivers trying to sell them longer trips. Thus some insisting might be necessary but you should be able to get one as you want.

My experienace is they don't want to make this short haul if many people are debarking. They lose their spot in line and they really want the $80-$100 euro fare to Rome. I spent $40 just to get one to take me to a local store to buy some waters and wine before the trip. Get a price up front and repeat it a couple of times.

If you wait the crowds out it may be easier to find a cab dropping off early arrivers.

what is the port shuttle? is it a long walk from the ship to the actual end of the port? if you buy ships transfer to the airportt post cruise--is a shuttle invlolved or just the bus to the airport? Thanks

We will be sailing into Civitavecchia in Oct and are going to try a 1:30 flight out of FCO to London were we will over-night. I am wondering if a 6 AM arrival will allow enough time. Max ship PAX are 1000.

Archived