What does RCCL do for your anniversary?

wesp

When I booked our next cruise, the TA asked if we were celebrating an anniversary or birthday. I realized that we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and gave the info to the TA. So what can we expect from RCCL?

Wesley ;)

You will get a slice of cake with a happy anniversary thing on it probably. They really dont do anything as far as RCCL goes, but the waiters or such might. Wanna guarantee something is done, order something, like the romance package, or cabin decorations, or a cake.

I booked directly through RCCL and they asked if we were celebrating any special occasion. It is my husband and Is second anniversary and rep told us that we would celebrate that on the first formal night of the cruise. I do not know for sure what that means. On our honeymoon we gave them that information as well and we did not have anything special done for us at that time. Really does not matter to me as I am not a fan of drawing attention to myself, however why do they ask if they are not going to do anything?

A piece of cake and a request to know if you want to pay for a full cake. :D

Our TA had advised RCI that we would be celebrating our 25th anniversary on the Vision of the Seas last June. Our waiter got "busy" with other guests and forgot to bring out our little cake...I was expecting it and was bummed that they forgot us. The next evening we ate in the Windjammer, and when we returned to the DR the following night, the waiter apologized and asked if he could bring out the cake (which was frozen.) I just thanked him and told him we'd be back for our 50th and maybe he could do better...:rolleyes:

LL

We just sailed on Jewel of the Seas for our 10-year anniversary, and at dinner, the waiter brought us a slice of anniversary cake and said "Happy Anniversary". We weren't expecting it at all, so even though it's not a lot, it was a nice surprise. I had forgotten that I told the TA it was our anniversary (since I booked the cruise about a year in advance).

My husband, on the other hand, had ordered a bunch of cabin decorations and flowers, so while we were at port the cabin stewards decorated our cabin and I returned to a nice little celebration. :)

tj

Oops, I forgot that we also got a letter (but not from Diamonds International). It was a form letter from the crew (and a b&w photo) wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Even though it wasn't very personal, it was not expected, and therefore a nice touch.

Our TA had advised RCI that we would be celebrating our 25th anniversary on the Vision of the Seas last June. Our waiter got "busy" with other guests and forgot to bring out our little cake...I was expecting it and was bummed that they forgot us. The next evening we ate in the Windjammer, and when we returned to the DR the following night, the waiter apologized and asked if he could bring out the cake (which was frozen.) I just thanked him and told him we'd be back for our 50th and maybe he could do better...:rolleyes:

LL

Most of the cakes are in fact frozen.

For my birthday on Princess we had a very boisterous table of 10 people that was well known at the dinner table. A few people at the table knew the maitre d' and had spoken to him the night before and even told him that I don't eat chocolate. On the night of my birthday they brought almost every waiter and assistant waiter to sing happy birthday to me, loudly. The brought over the violist and his accompanist. And the whole table sang. I'm sure it could be heard half way around the ship. I was so red and embarrassed. They had made a special ice cream cake for us that was huge. So huge that we couldn't eat it all and we offered it to the staff and they wouldn't take it either (claiming that they weren't allowed). It was a shame that so much had to go to waste.

But you don't see much in the way of "free" cakes anymore. It's down to a piece. Quite a shame. For $5 they came make a whole table's day.

We didn't tell RCCL that it was our anniversary but we did mention it to our waiter at dinner when he asked why we had chosen a cruise. We came back from an excursion the next day to find a platter of chocolate covered strawberries in our cabin along with a card that said, "happy anniversary." They were actually quite good and we thought the gesture was very sweet.

I asked when I booked directly w/ RCCL if the fact we could anwer yes to the questions if there was a senior, anniversary or residency dicount would make a difference and was told no. I felt like I was asking a bad question but I just mentioned it because it is pretty standard when you have a TA. Obviously I don't expect any cake on this cruise!

tt

LL

That sucks. I probably would have been much b****ier than you were. Your reply was so clever, I bet the waiter didn't know what to do. This makes me nervous, though. My baby sister will be celebrating her 18th birthday on our cruise next Feb (yes, I've started the planning a LITTLE early). I am already so excited to decorate her cabin and to have a little cake presented to her at dinner. I hope it doesn't get messed up.

Did you order the cake, or was it just the one they bring you? We are planning on odering one for her so it will be a little more special.

Last October we celebrated our 50 anniversary on a cruise. We asked and the answer was nothing. However we were quite friendly with the Loyalty Ambassador and happened to mention it was our anniversay and she sent us a bottle of champagne.

English passengers will get a bottle of 'sparking wine' if it is a key anniversary [10,25, 30...] I think this is yet another example of where things are done differently over here - and for once we get something you do not ;) !

We did not get anything, other than 3 different letters from the shopping advisor, telling us what stores to go to in port to buy something special to celebrate the occasion.

Gee and I thought our frozen cake was tacky...LOL :D

LL

That sucks. I probably would have been much b****ier than you were. Your reply was so clever, I bet the waiter didn't know what to do. This makes me nervous, though. My baby sister will be celebrating her 18th birthday on our cruise next Feb (yes, I've started the planning a LITTLE early). I am already so excited to decorate her cabin and to have a little cake presented to her at dinner. I hope it doesn't get messed up.

Did you order the cake, or was it just the one they bring you? We are planning on odering one for her so it will be a little more special.

Our TA put a note on our reservation - in our case, our waiter became enthralled with the adjacent table which had a special "international" diet and purchased beaucoup wine...and the waiter pretty much forgot us. I hope he received a generous tip from that other table, but somehow I doubt it.

...but I'm not bitter... ;)

LL

In 2002 we celebrated our 25th anniversary on Majesty of the Seas. I had told RCCL ahead of time that we'd like to celebrate it on formal night. They brought us a very small cake (four pieces) and a tiny bottle of champagne.

That's one of the reasons we are returning to RCCL on Explorer this November for our 30th!

It seems that each ship/crew do different things. We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Navigator and went to Chops for dinner. We didn't expect anything so didn't get disappointed. We celebrated my parents 25th anniversary on the Monarch and the waiters sang to them (even the head waiter) and brought them a cake. It was a nice touch and my parents really appreciated it.

My DH and I booked the Mariner in a GS in August for our 30th Anniversary. We did tell the TA it was our Anniversary. I will let you know how that turn our. I Hope Really Well! We are looking forward to a great cruise and this is the first time we sail alone. That will be an experience in itself. It will truly be a second honeymoon!:D

Archived