What does RCCL do for your anniversary?

wesp

Because our anniversary is in the beginning of August and that's when we cruise, we've been onboard during our anniversary a few times. Our TA usually tells RCI about it, and they almost never do anything. One time we were travelling with friends and they told the head waiter and they brought us a cake (I think they had to remind him twice). Personally, given that the cakes are generally not very good and the normal desserts are (hopefully) much better, I'd just as soon skip the cake. I think one time our waiter brought out dessert with a candle (my kids heard about it beforehand and left the room, not wanting to be embarassed).

The chocolate dipped strawberries in the cabin are a nice touch. They usually charge for those. Of course, your travel agent could order (and pay for) something, depending on whether you got some other compensation from the TA.

On our recent cruise, we celebrated our 27th anniversary and received a letter with a discount coupon for Diamonds International in St. Thomas. Just in case we wanted to pick up something special.
Yeah, we got that too, we both just :rolleyes: at it.

As a TA, I do note all special occasions on the reservation, but if I want to be SURE it is acknowledged, I order a cake or stateroom decorations or some other gift on my own (at my company's expense). Every ship and every sailing is different, and I have just seen TOO many inconsistencies over the years in execution of acknowledgment of special occasions.

What a disappointment. We'll be celebrating our 29th on the Enchantment at the end of this month.

Our first cruise was on Celebrity for our 25th anniversary. They had a party for all the newlyweds and anniversay celebrants -- champagne and cake. Plus prizes (bottle of champagne) for those who had been married the longest, the shortest, etc.

We also had a cake at the second formal night (not as good as regular desserts, but our tablemates enjoyed it) and the waiters sang to us.

Ah well, we'll be on a cruise, so we can't complain!

Linda

English passengers will get a bottle of 'sparking wine' if it is a key anniversary [10,25, 30...] I think this is yet another example of where things are done differently over here - and for once we get something you do not ;) !

For once? That's a pretty awful attitude. How did it go from Anniversary gifts to such a negative comment?

Attutudes like yours make me glad of where I live.

We sailed aboard Celebrity Galaxy for our honeymoon 4 years ago. Our T.A. must have done something because during the 1st formal night, 4 waiters and the head waiter brought a nice cake to our table with two glasses of champagne, and sung "happy honeymoon"

Nice touch!

For once? That's a pretty awful attitude. How did it go from Anniversary gifts to such a negative comment?

That's not really necessary. There's been much discussion on these boards about the differences and difficulties when trying to book from "across the pond." No need to be harsh.

That's not really necessary. There's been much discussion on these boards about the differences and difficulties when trying to book from "across the pond." No need to be harsh.

The discussion was about gifts for special occasions. I fail to see where insulting another country is 'not harsh'.

As far as other discussions regarding booking problems, that has NOTHING to do with this one, indeed, the comment was uncalled for.

The discussion was about gifts for special occasions. I fail to see where insulting another country is 'not harsh'.

As far as other discussions regarding booking problems, that has NOTHING to do with this one, indeed, the comment was uncalled for.

I can´t see where another country was insulted or any comment was harsh besides yours maybe;)

When I booked our next cruise, the TA asked if we were celebrating an anniversary or birthday. I realized that we will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and gave the info to the TA. So what can we expect from RCCL?

Wesley ;)

We were invited to a Honeymoom/Anniversary party. We were late due to overlap in timing of the Captain's reception.

They had cake and champagne and I believe they may have gone around the room and asked everyone how long they'd been married, etc.

Hey, free champagne? I'm there ;)

I believe his comment was made tic. He had a winky face at the end!

Angie I looked for you ont he ship at sail away had bandaid on and all

me too!! sorry we didn't get to meet :( Did you get my note in your cabin? I stuck it under the door.

did you meet up with anyone else?

I made a fool of myself at the anniversary party lol

I made an announcement on the microphone that I was looking for people on line. It didn't come out right and people were looking at me weird lol

no no note! my room was 1568. I kept looking for bandaids hubby even wore one. ?That is to bad we didnt meet up. Had a good time but wish they had music to dance to we looked all over for music but only found rap and big band. Had a great time at the 80's show it was like a rock concert everyone up and dancing lots of fun. Hubby says next cruise will be carnival we like there activites better has a nice flow and they gear there music to all ages. how did you hubby like it ? will her go again

It's a shame that Royal Caribbean doesn't do the same as Celebrity and have a separate party for everyone celebrating an anniversary...it's very nice...champagne and cake and a small gift for the couple married the longest.

We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on an upcoming cruise with RCCL and, if they remember, the waiters will sing Happy Anniversary and we may get a piece of cake.

no no note! my room was 1568. I kept looking for bandaids hubby even wore one. ?That is to bad we didnt meet up. Had a good time but wish they had music to dance to we looked all over for music but only found rap and big band. Had a great time at the 80's show it was like a rock concert everyone up and dancing lots of fun. Hubby says next cruise will be carnival we like there activites better has a nice flow and they gear there music to all ages. how did you hubby like it ? will her go again

That was the cabin number I had. Maybe I messed up and put it under the wrong door? I wouldn't doubt it. I had a hard time trying to figure out where I was at times lol

We were at the 80's show also :D

Loved the juggler.

were you around formal night at all or did you stay in nassau? I was the one with all the jewels in her hair ;)

Hubby liked it ok. Would not jump at the chance to go back. He enjoyed the fact that it was just the two of us.

What was up with that pool on the last day? did you see it?

angie we where at formal night had some great pictures taken. No didnt see the pool what happened?

One was definately green with scum on it :( That one ended up getting drained the last night/day

unfortunately the other one looked it was headed that way also, cloudy and green

Archived