Dress code on Caronia

sailsalot

I know there's alot of discussion about the dress code on QE2 and QM2, but I haven't come across anything on what to expect on Caronia. We'll be on a 7-night cruise in Sept., and just wondering what a typical week would be of formal vs. informal or casual nights. Thanks for any info!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sailsalot:

I know there's alot of discussion about the dress code on QE2 and QM2, but I haven't come across anything on what to expect on Caronia. We'll be on a 7-night cruise in Sept., and just wondering what a typical week would be of formal vs. informal or casual nights. Thanks for any info!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

I joined Caronia on a 7 night cruise in December 2003. Boarded on Saturday 6th in Amsterdam while the cruise officially started on Friday 5th.

Third (Sunday) and fourth (Monday) night were formal, all others were casual.

Photos of that cruise can be seen via my website.

Kind regards,

Willem H. van der Leek

"It's good to see a well-run site!"

http://www.vdleek.nl

Hi, On a 7 night cruise I would expect the first and last to be casual, second and second last to be formal and the others to be informal. This might be varied if you're in port in the evening when it would normally be casual.

Regards, Colin

Just returned last month from a 14 day TransAt on the Caronia. Dress during the day was casual for both men and women. The evenings were casual only on the first and last nights-all other evenings were either formal (5) or informal which was coat and tie for gentlemen and nice outfits for the ladies. At no time are shorts, other than bermuda shorts, allowed in the dining room. The Lido will welcome you in shorts for lunch but not for dinner. "Nice" outfits for the ladies include pant suits, dresses and skirts with tops. The men DID wear a coat and tie for the informal evenings.My guess is that out of 670 passengers all the men with the exception of perhaps 20 at the most wore tuxes or white dinner jackets on formal evenings. They also remained dressed all evening. Enjoy your cruise....

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sailsalot:

Thanks, everyone, for your replies. That really helps. And Willem, great pictures!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you ;-)))

Kind regards,

Willem H. van der Leek

"It's good to see a well-run site!"

http://www.vdleek.nl

Will let you know when my Mum returns from sailing on her,she is on her at the moment.

Mum was delighted she got an ouside cabin instead of inside ... and there was Champagne and Strawberries in the cabin.This cruise is to celebrate my stepfather being 75 this year.

When she phoned from the ship at 6.30 pm they were just going for dinner and had already tasted the afternoon tea after boarding at 2pm.

Oh the sheer joy of 14 days and the Med!! wish it was me but with a 14(near 15) yr old son I am afraid cunard doesn't quite fit the bill for us.We will have to stick with RCCI meantime.

I am hoping mum takes plenty of photos to let me drool over icon_biggrin.gif

Liz

Elizanessie.jpg?dc=4675451443376282749

Archived