New Luggage

Nitra

I had a medium size suitcase I used a lot, especially since I seem to travel more these days. I loved it but the handle was broken, would not pull out so I finally tossed it after this last trip. I have been looking for another one I like. I dont need any more, I have about 10 suitcases now, but several of them are small, and I have one really big one, and a few garment bags and a rolling tote, and then another rolling carry one, sorta laptop bag size.. anyway I finally found something I had to have so ordered it the other day!

I think it is not very big but I dont care.. I will make it work!

s0759199_3507_001.jpg

and matching tote

s0759200_3507_001.jpg

Spiegel.com

I love luggage too! I wanted a pink set but could not find any I was in love with except the hard sided kind and I read some reviews about how it got pretty beat up fast. I saw this in my speigel catalog and just had to have it. Even if the rolling one is carry on size, fine by me! I think I will make it work somehow, especially for my work trips. I will probably use them too on my upcoming cruise. I cannot wait for them to get here!!!

OK, I got lost at the Spiegel site for a few minutes :) ...I think I could go there for a couple of hours!

The rolling bag is a bit small, but good for carrying onto a plane, a bit smaller than most rollaboards. I love the tote and it's a great size, not all that much smaller than the rollaboard. I think together they will work great, enjoy them :)

Well, the tote would be considered your purse and the rollaboard is smaller than what the majority of airlines consider maximum to take onboard. So, luggage handlers wouldn't be too much of a problem. I don't think I'd check either of these pieces.

Here is the link where you can see it, there's a couple of other cute pieces, too!

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/thumbnail.aspx?suitcase&gp_coll_id=5005&gp_cat_id=7000&nav_cat_id=9753&category_id=9754

It 's almost too pretty to travel with! My concern would be what's going to happen to it after the luggage handlers start throwing it around!:confused:

Exactly! I have 2 pieces of pink luggage I adore (Delsey), but the first time I used it it was filthy! So, I invested in some hardsided luggage (because of all the restrictions now..don't want everything broken). I got it in purple and it's expandable. I got the 5 piece set. It's by International Traveler (IT). Found it online. LOVE IT! Even the baggage handlers were impressed. Sure, it's a little heavier than soft-sided, but not much.

http://www.luggageonline.com/brand.cfm?brand_ID=98

I was looking at that hard sided luggage but I read on other sites some not so great reviews so was not sure about it.

I love Spiegel, I buy a lot on there. Also if you watch the clearance section you can get some real deals, and they have private sales and extra disounts. Like this luggage, I had a 20 percent off coupon code only good for a few days AND a deferred billing code so it wont be billed until August.

When I travel I have my rolling laptop bag and my carryon tote usually. I have been known to put my laptop bag in to my checked luggage, carry my laptop inside my tote, just so I could carry on something different.. LOL. I think my laptop would fit in this rolling bag so could switch it out easily enough. I used to have to take 2 laptops when I travel but now I leave the other one at home and just put my out of office thing on.

Spiegel's sister site, Newport News carrys a lot of the same things, and some different. I love their site too.

I have this dress in the blue color on the bottom right and have just placed an order for the Red. It is really comfy and cute with leggings. It is a bit lowcut for me so I just got some tissue thin tshirts from Target, they are cute and feminime (sp?) to wear under them.

I will wear them on the more casual nights on my cruise, or even by day in port.

Really cute luggage. I love the soft shade of the gold.

I am forever looking at new luggage sets even when I don't need any, perhaps because they just remind me of going on a vacation. : )

I recently saw a set in a very pretty shade of blue at TJ Maxx that I had to pull myself away from because I already have a pink set that I bought last year that I love. ...But having another color would give me more options to coordinate with my various travel wardrobes....Is there a 12 step program for luggage addicts? And overplanners? If there is, I hope they only hold meetings on cruise ships.

I got my luggage today! OMG it is so cute! I love it. I am actually working on weeding down my packing so I can take my rolling garment bag, my new gold bag and my new gold tote! I can roll the bag and tote on board with me and will only have to check the garment bag this way.

just over 3 weeks to go!

I got my luggage today! OMG it is so cute! I love it. I am actually working on weeding down my packing so I can take my rolling garment bag, my new gold bag and my new gold tote! I can roll the bag and tote on board with me and will only have to check the garment bag this way.

just over 3 weeks to go!

earlier today..did you get it?..I think I've talked to you, and had emails..I asked you if you were named for Griegs, Peer Ghent suite, Anitras Dance..is that you?..judi

earlier today..did you get it?..I think I've talked to you, and had emails..I asked you if you were named for Griegs, Peer Ghent suite, Anitras Dance..is that you?..judi

Hi sorry I have not seen it, been a busy day.

Yes, my name is Anitra and I was named for Anitra's Dance.

Hi sorry I have not seen it, been a busy day.

Yes, my name is Anitra and I was named for Anitra's Dance.

I think we have spoken on the phone..re cruising..do you rep A line, or multiples?..just curious

I think you are thinking of someone else. Funny we have the same name! Of course if it was the first of last year it might have been me but by then I was mostly just booking friends.

I am actually not a TA any longer, have not been for almost a year now. I am a meeting planner now. More money, better job, more challenging and a lot more fun.

I was looking at that hard sided luggage but I read on other sites some not so great reviews so was not sure about it.

Hmm..wonder what the negatives were. I love the IT. It opens in half. One side is all open, the other has a zippered liner so you could basically pack your clothes in the top portion, zip it up and when you close the case the clothes stay where they are. It's also got netted and zippered compartments throughout. It expands 2 1/2-3 inches too. And it comes in purple!:rolleyes:

Archived