Sugar Free Drinks ...

CBussey64

• 4 years later...

I love Baja Bob's too and I always take a few of the powdered individual travel packets of his margarita mix with me on board (since it's powder, they don't have a problem with you bringing it on like they do with the liquid mixers). Then when I want a drink, I take my mix packet down to any bar and buy a shot of tequila and ask them to shake it up for me with my mix. I've never had a problem and it works great!

I love Baja Bob's too and I always take a few of the powdered individual travel packets of his margarita mix with me on board (since it's powder, they don't have a problem with you bringing it on like they do with the liquid mixers). Then when I want a drink, I take my mix packet down to any bar and buy a shot of tequila and ask them to shake it up for me with my mix. I've never had a problem and it works great!

Thanks for the info. about Baja Bobs. Just ordered their summer sample pack. If you put in welcome2012 you get 10% off. If good I'll take on my cruise too!

Do you know if Carnival has sugar free alcohol drinks ... I order from Baja Bob's my margarita mixes, mojito mix, etc. as I follow a low carb diet and these are sugar free mixers. thanks.

Never heard of this and never thought about doing this either. Great idea. Although I plan on exercising on the cruise and taking stairs instead of the elevators this will help.

I'll have to check out the Baha Bob's stuff. Currently on a self-improvement project re weight, w/ 65th b'day looming and we are actually taking a Dec cruise (HAL) to celebrate that milestone.

Had thought about taking aboard a couple 6 packs of diet tonic and seeing if I could leave it w/ the bartender in the Ocean Bar, so that after my nightly Old Fashioned, I could switch to just diet tonic w/ a lime wedge and no one would be the wiser (would still pay drink prices for the tonic). But this may offer a few more options.

Recently tried the margarita flavored crystal light beverage as well as the appletini product and while the margarita product is a far cry from a true margarita, it isn't bad. I thought the appletini product was a bit strong on apple flavor, but I've never had (nor want) an appletini, so have no frame of reference on that one.

Now if I can just steer clear of the bread pudding station at lunch, I'll be good to go. *L*

Wow, that's quite a bump! OP posted almost 5 years ago with no replies, and then someone bumped this thread. Funny.

I'm gals someone saw it because I had no clue.

I'll also check out Target to see if they have this since walmart does

• 3 weeks later...
It was me, I just *had* to chime in since I'm a low-carber and I love Baja Bob! :)

The UPS man literally just rang my doorbell 10 minutes ago with my first Baja Bob order. I am a low carber who loves her margaritas so I am excited to try it.

I bought the liquid mix not the powdered mix. If the liquid is good then I will try the powdered to bring onto my next cruise.

I am so glad I happened to check out this thread! My mom recently found out she is diabetic and it's kinda bummed her out about the cruise. Even though she doesn't really drink much I am sure this will make her a bit happier to at least give her options and hope! :) I am slowly trying to join her new diet lifestyle out of support and cause it's so much healthier and this will make me happier too lol since I didnt wanna "cheat" or let her feel left out.

The Baja Bob liquid mix is better, but sometimes ship's security will give you trouble if you try to take it onboard (it took me 45 minutes to explain to security at embarkation that there was NO LIQUOR in the liquid mix on the NCL Star several years ago so after that, I figured it was just easier to travel with the powdered mixes).

Archived