Pools on the Liberty

pisces68

Hello,

I've only been on a couple of cruises and the last one was with Disney. I believe their pools were fresh water. Does anyone know if the pools on Carnival are salt water? Which pools are the least crowded, do they have an adult only pool? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Carnival pools are salt water. The Liberty does not have any adults only pools, however the aft pool did seem to be a bit quieter and have fewer children in it, at least during the early part of the week. Once people started getting to know their way around the ship it seemed to be a little busier.

Becky

Oh Becky,

I see you just got back from the Liberty, is there anything good or bad about the ship in your option? I mean, what did you enjoy or least enjoy the most about it and how are were the shore excurions? Is the food as good as I've been hearing on these boards?

I love swimming. The salt water is fun because it is so buoyant.

I was in the pool with another gal we met on a cruise once. After a half an hour of just paddleing in one place and talking, I was getting a stitch in my side. I asked her "Aren't you getting tired? She said "I have just been floating" :)

Oh Becky,

I see you just got back from the Liberty, is there anything good or bad about the ship in your option? I mean, what did you enjoy or least enjoy the most about it and how are were the shore excurions? Is the food as good as I've been hearing on these boards?

We found NOTHING bad about the Liberty. The food is great in the dining rooms and there are so many food choices on the Lido deck that you will never get bored!

I usually will not book ship's excursions. The private vendors are cheaper , less crowded, and you get to see and do more. However, we did take the Canal ferry excursion through CCL in Panama. No one else offered anything even close to it, and we arrived back at the ship 20 minutes after sail time, and they were waiting for us!

While the aft pool on Liberty is not adults only, the aft hot tub is - and it was enforced on our February cruise.

Okay, I don't do hot tubs and there is no adults only pool on the Liberty. Is there anything on the outer decks that is adults only?

I usually will not book ship's excursions. The private vendors are cheaper , less crowded, and you get to see and do more. However, we did take the Canal ferry excursion through CCL in Panama. No one else offered anything even close to it, and we arrived back at the ship 20 minutes after sail time, and they were waiting for us!

That is great to know... We are on that excursion on April 19..:) Was it as nice as everyone claims..? and HOT I imagine..:rolleyes: :p

Okay, I don't do hot tubs and there is no adults only pool on the Liberty. Is there anything on the outer decks that is adults only?

Nothing's specifically labeled adults only (I'm not sure if our cruise was the last with an operational F-deck), but it seemed to me that the deck areas away from the pools (e.g., on deck 10 aft) were generally kid-free. The deck 3 area outside the lobby also was kid-free the times I went out there.

That is great to know... We are on that excursion on April 19..:) Was it as nice as everyone claims..? and HOT I imagine..:rolleyes: :p

We sat on the lower level of the ferry. We were never in the sun and there was always a good breeze. Some of the others in our group sat on the top. They looked like lobsters after the excursion.

I attached a photo of me touching the walls of the Panama Canal. Way Cool!!

416638420_Liberty07432a.jpg.b36a4718fdd3ec95e0b15e7b7aa36995.jpg

Archived